Party Hall's in Dubai

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Dubai' started by lidds, May 1, 2009.

1. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  2. Zeenat

Zeenat Silver IL'ite

actually lidds its not too girly girly theme for a first birthday for a baby girl. there are many themes you can opt for. do visit THE PARTY STORE behind india palace garhoud. its got many themes for girls first birthday. btw where have you decided to keep the party???

3. lidds

lidds Senior IL'ite

Hi JustAni,

Hey thx s a lot for giving me such nice ideas to celebrate my baby's birthday. Hey can u plz let me know if by chance u know where i will get small pooh soft toys to give as give away gifts for kids n pooh items for my baby's birthday.

Thanks,
    Lidds

4. lidds

lidds Senior IL'ite

hi zeenat,

hw r u? hw r the little ones? hey m sorry cldn't reply to u as i was a bit busy with the preparations. v did check out the halls u guys had suggested. foodlands was a really good one only thing my hubby didn't like the menu there. so v r looking for a place where they serve goan food. anyways u take care. keep in touch. n thanks a lot for everything

regards'
    lidds

5. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

Hi Lidds,

You are welcome!

For Winnie the Pooh related toys, you can check Toys R Us, near Reef Mall & Dubai Festival City. Or you can even try out in Carrerfour too.

If the price is too high, you could give Winnie the Pooh stickers.

6. Zeenat

Zeenat Silver IL'ite

hi lidds,
    you are welcome. hey just check out DAY TO DAY, you might just end up finding some good mugs and bowls of winnie the pooh. actually THE PARTY STORE has many take away gifts pretty reasonable too. you cud make a set of red or yellow stationary stuffs and just add winnie the pooh stickers to complete the theme.

7. lidds

lidds Senior IL'ite

hi justani, hi zeenat,

thnks a lot dear. u guys are really helpful. i was just gng mad thinking abt the party nw i feel more relaxed since i know i have frds who will help me out. i am really thankful to u guys. i surely wanna meet u'll but the only problem is my baby she is more attached to me n won't stay with anyone else besides me if only i cld bring my baby than i cld meet u guys. anyways take care. keep in touch.

regards,
    lidds

8. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

No probs Lidds.... I'm sure Zeenat will be saying the same thing - "We are glad to help!"

Just a pointer, since it's your baby's first b'day, be prepared for her to be a little clingy & cranky. Most babies get very nervous when strangers all come together & wish them by a hug or a kiss. They don't like it, but can't say a thing...except by crying... Don't try to force her to go to anyone. If she wants to go, let her... if not, let it be.

I am saying this, 'cos when it was my daughter's 1st b'day, she wouldn't go to anyone.... not even her dad or my parents.... She wanted ONLY MAMMA to carry her. Even when she slept, it was on me....

That reminds me... be sure your outfit is comfortable... it mustn't itch her, in case she sleeps on your shoulder.... & her dress too.... I remember you asking about baby frocks... If she's not used to wearing such frilly/net frocks, better not put it.... It's better to make her wear something comfortable in this weather.

Have an awesome time..... :thumbsup

9. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

HI lidds...
    what ani said is very true... atleast have one more set so that immediate after cutting the cake you can change her dress , which she feels comfortable especially for this weather...

have fun enjoy your kids b'day have you decided the party hall...

10. Zeenat

Zeenat Silver IL'ite

You are just right Ani.....im really glad to help lidds :thumbsup. actually it reminds me of the same situation, when i was preparing for my DD's 1st birthday. only we mother's know the excitement of celebrationg our darling's 1st birthday. we need evreythg to be just PERFECT.

lidds even i agree with Ani that children do get cranky. and yes what your child is wearing does have an impact on the child's mood. i also had to take this into consideration as even my elder DD's birthday is in june....( one more reason why i feel you are in the same situation which i was) so its summer time here. i saw to it that her dress is not too frilly and also the one without a bakram inside. also just make her wear a simple lace socks without shoes....sometimes this also makes them feel uncomfortable, coz even if she is walking, she will still expect you to carry her most of the time. and yeah its very very very important that you too should wear something that doesnt have any sequences on your outfit as when you carry her it shudnt poke her. this was a mistake i did :bonk....but luckily my DD didnt expect me to carry her all the time....but whenever i carried her the heavy work of sequences on my dress used to hurt her.