1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Middle School Education in the US - What to Expect and What to Do
    Dismiss Notice

Parents Visa rejected twice..!!:( Totally disappointed...:( Please help...

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by flower234, Dec 17, 2011.

1. flower234

flower234 Junior IL'ite

Hello all,

I am employed in US for past 2 years and getting married soon..I want my parents and younger sister who is doing her schooling to visit USA and want them to stay with me for a month..for her vacation... I can really suport them..and both my parents are employed..dad is in private concern and mom is a govt employee...we are pretty well to do..we have a property..inspite of everything..My parents visa got rejected twice..first time..all 3 applied under same application and i sponsered...it got rejected..they didnt give proper reason..we thought that funds werent sufficient...again after a month we applied all over again..same application but this time i didnt sponser..they sponsered for themselves..but second time also it got rejected...i am soo disappointed...i really want them to visit and stay just for a month and go..

Now i want them to try again for next year....by that time i will be married..so how can we apply?? can we split the application like mom applying seperately and dad and sis seperatly..should i be sponserer or it is good if they sponser themselves...please help............:(

2. hobbes83

hobbes83 Bronze IL'ite

That will be quite a disappointment, I'm sure.

Just couldn't resist replying to this: it's not a good idea to split the applications. I wonder if the rejection is due to your sister's application. Visitor visas are usually not a problem when people over 60 apply but when it's a teenager or someone in their 20's, the IO's are concerned if the applicant will stay back in the US.

Just my two cents, I'm sure you will get more replies on this thread.

Hope this works out for you soon, third time's always a charm! :)

Good luck!

3. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

I second hobbes83....because when i read you post immediately same thing flash in my thought..

As your parents have strong back reason..nothing problem...infact if sister is not travelling you can add that unmarried daughter back at home...it gives additional value to your parents visa.

All the best..

4. goldenrose

goldenrose Senior IL'ite

Even my mom's visa got rejected for 3 times, We are not able to find the reason why they have rejected, They didn't even check the supporting document. They simply collect the DS 160 from my mom and checked online for 3 min and gave the rejection letter. I dont know i can call up her after a year, im 2nd pregnant now. I dont know if her visa will get rejected, i dont know how i will manage with 2 kids, Let me pray GOD. He has to help me

5. prtywomen

prtywomen Junior IL'ite

No explanation given, that's weird.
    I feel sorry for GoldenRose, especially during delivering definitely having mom is helpful. in which consulate this rejection happened?

6. goldenrose

goldenrose Senior IL'ite

In chennai it happened, Since my mom is a single person the visa is getting rejected, This is my guess. They didnt even check the doc from the very first visit. She appeared within a month gap for the 2 times. Then after 6 months she appeared, The same thing is happening( without checking the doc) every time.
    With a year gap im going to try once again, Hope for the best. I dont know how i will manage the 2 kids after the delivery. I will pray GOD to help me, This the only way i can do

7. prtywomen

prtywomen Junior IL'ite

how about your MIL? can she come? Usually I have seen lots of success cases in Chennai Consulate but 3 times rejection is very bad. did they ask any question to your mom?

8. bong

bong Bronze IL'ite

Hi goldenrose,
    As far as my understanding goes... the VO checks for ties in the home country while granting a visa to any candidate...
    Does your mother have enough family ties in India.. i mean blood-relatives ( spouse and kids only... not any other relative)

financial condition are other things are not so important... family ties alone are a proof for the VO that the applicant will come back to his/her home country.

9. OliveOyl

OliveOyl Gold IL'ite

I concur with the opinions given here. Rejection due to the fact that:

1) Your younger sis is traveling with your parents
    2) Your parents are not able to provide proof that they will return back to India after visit.

10. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

May be due to your sister applying along with your parents. Generally seniors get visa easily but not young people. They may be having a lingering doubt that they may stay back. If only your parents apply stating that your sister is in India and along with no objection certificate from his employers they would get visa. I heard at least six months gap should be there when once visa is rejected for applying again. I am talking about Hyderabad.