1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Parents Support During Divorce

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by MammaMia, Apr 21, 2017.

1. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

Also, I believe I was the one who felt like counseling was not working. I did not storm out, but I started meeting my counselor solo, to express my views on the situation and how I have no emotional attachment to my husband and I don't see any way that I could ever develop that. I didn't even blame my husband on that, and she just wanted me to understand what a big step that would be. It was only recently, my husband did the crazy thing, which meant my counselor is in full support of me leaving.

2. silentlistener

silentlistener Silver IL'ite

What was that crazy thing, (the last straw added to the camel's back) he did ? Share if it is okay, sharing.

(From your recent posts, we thought you are going to give a fair trial to living with him, with a neutral mind.)

3. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

This was a while ago. But he slapped me while I was carrying my son, so at that point, I decided that I cannot live like that. In hindsight, I'm glad I took that stand, even if it is very challenging. My H was never taught that it was wrong, and his parents did not even know how to advise him properly that it's not the right way to treat another human being (let alone, his wife). My In-laws are sweet people, but they honestly don't know much better, and it's only through the counseling, they understood that it's not right. It's mind-boogling to me, how they don't understand something so simple (they are very educated people, my MIL is a 12 std teacher and just retired), but they didn't. At this point, everyone wants this marriage to work, and particularly my H wants this to work. So he is really trying to work on his actions and words to make things better.

There is a powershift due to this conflict, and I can tell that my H and in-laws are being very cautious about what they say and don't force me to do anything. In one way, it makes me feel bad that I have put them in that position, where they are afraid of their DIL, but I am glad that the previous stupid things my H did, have stopped.

sindmani, Naari and Sunshine04 like this.
  4. dia3

dia3 Silver IL'ite

Hey, i just want to bring to your notice that if ur hubby n in -laws r being extra nice, there might be something fishy...mostly, if something is too gud to be true, its not.

.i just hope u haven't sponsored ur hubby for US citizenship...lots of us citizen men n women of indian origin have been dumped by their spouses after receiving un-conditional green card/ that is, once gc conditions r removed after 2 yrs......

one of my indian origin us citizen friend told me about her shitty BIL who was an indian citizen guy on h1 n once he even touched the feet of his MIL n wife ( US citizen born n raised here) after a fight n after 2 yrs, once he got un-conditional green card, he divorced the us citizen wife of indian origin n left his child also n harassed her a lot....Make a wide circle of friends n u will see lots of such cases happening..i know several us citizen men n woman of indian origin who now-a-days remain single upto late 40s ( go to matrimonial sites if u don't have many friends to verify the stats) but won't marry non us citizen men or women because they don't want to be used n dumped by non us citizen spouses for Green Card....its terrible to go through that n recover from that trauma !! BETTER BE SAFE than SORRY !