1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Parenting Workshop by Psychologist

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by ArthikaS, May 23, 2013.

1. ArthikaS

ArthikaS New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I recently attended a Parenting workshop taken by Psychologist who have 15 years of experience in this area. It was really amazing to know the true gap between child psychology and what we think about children. Most of the time we are thinking that we are giving them best but in actual it may not be good for them. Also we use to restrict them from few activities but unfortunately they really need it for their physical and mental health.

The Psychologist wonderfully explained about the concepts and needs to help them in the aga of 1-7, 8-14 and 15 to 18. And very patiently answered/gave solutions to too many problems raised by audience.

I am happy to share this info here.

I think if some of us are interested in this workshop then we can request them to conduct with offer cost also in Chennai. Its actually for Chennai mom's and expecting moms.

Regards...

1 person likes this.

2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Arthika
    It would be kind of you if you could share with us the doctors views here.
    I am sure it will benefit many other mothers here.

3. sudharathinavel

sudharathinavel Silver IL'ite

Hi Arthika,

Please share your experience and what the doctor advised?I would be great to many.
    Am a mother of 6 months old boy baby.

Thanks

4. ArthikaS

ArthikaS New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Sorry for the delay in reply. The Psychologist told too many things and great good ideas. Few are here,

1. For a child between 1-3, the timing of Food and sleep is important. Till 1 year we have to feed whenever its required and let the child sleep as much as possible. After 1 year we need to maintain the time for food and sleep...
    2. From birth we need to sit and feed in one chosen place. This will really help to make the child more comfortable while eating
    3. Age 1-7: During feeding or giving food to child, there should not be any interruption of any electronic items. If we let them listen or watch tv or audio then their frequency will be easily tuned to the electronic items and not to us. So later, they will never listen to us.
    4. During feeding childern should listen the mother's voice so they feel comfort.
    5. To make them sleep, we should sing some song or rhymes and not let them listen some tap.
    6. We should not encourage them by giving some gifts for what they suppose to do. This will make them to create the give and take business mentality. Ex: getting good marks, first rank we should support and encourage them. and can spend some special time with them at some special places instead giving them gift, money etc.
    7. After age 5 we must educate them to save them from child abuse. We need to teach them from childhood if someone touches in their private part they should bold and clear enough to inform Parents.

And she told so many things and ideas. It was really helpful.

Bye friends...

SCA and Dinny like this.
  5. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for sharing those points with us here on IL...i am sure it will be helpful to many moms....:thumbsup:

6. riyass

riyass Guest

Nice information about the Psychology Clinic in Chennai, but there are lot of things which we need to follow is depends upon the child's gender ,is she is boy separate pattern should be followed and if she is a girl again different pattern should be followed , which will make our process more complex.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2019