1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Parental Home As Refuge In Troubled Marriage

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Cool10, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Cool10

Cool10 Silver IL'ite

In continuation with my previous threads. Hubby came and forcefully took me back along with my child after much argument with me and my parents. I went and stayed there for 2 months. Behavior from H and ILs became worse and this time all new restrictions and conditions cropped up on top of so much household work and demands for money. After much verbal abuse from FIL on Ugadi day along with saying that my place is below my husband's and his family's feet & that FIL wants to keep his feet on my head daily (was touching FIL MIL feet daily as per their wish) and that I am waste, I couldn't bear more and came back to my parent's home.

Feeling so much exhausted and tired.. Life has become like a pendulum - need to take a firm stand..

Sorry - just a vent and an update

2. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Yes take a firm stand.All the best'

Cool10 likes this.
  3. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Op, Your in laws are bunch of abusive rogues. I am sorry for the language. But the fact is your hubby let his dad say this nonsense itself says he is one of them.Instead of shouldering their responsibility of another abusive home wrecker like your SIL, they palmed her off to son's homes and threatened vile things when they didn't look after her.Your husband is the one to blame here.He shud have kicked her out when she made trouble.And to let your in laws especially FIL to spew such bull **** .

Don't budge from your parents house. Dont go forcibly too. In case your hubby comes and forces you tell him you will call the police if forced.He needs to grow up before he realizes his responsibility of being a husband and father before becoming a yo yo to his family and slide his family aside for that.
    Good Luck.
    Unfortunately Indian men in particular need to grow up a lot to live happier and content married lives. Ironically they think becoming 28+ makes them mature enough to be married. Only Wives end up making hubbies grow up in adult hood.