1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Parent Kissing Child On Lips - Appropriate?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by Rihana, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

If you are doing something calm, peaceful and joyful, as one should be in this holiday season, viewer discretion is advised as you click on the links. They feature Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai kissing her child on the lips.

https://st1.bollywoodlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Aishwarya-rai-Bachchan.jpg
    https://cdn.pinkvilla.com/files/styles/contentpreview/public/ash_56.jpg
    https://akm-img-a-in.tosshub.com/in...photogallery/201811/a-1_IT_1542718579802.jpeg

Is it appropriate for parent (any parent, not just celebrity parent) to kiss his or her child (not a baby) on the lips like this?

Is it wise to post such photos on the internet where they will live forever and never go away?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018

2. Rihana

In my personal opinion, which strangely remains personal for not long, such kissing is yuck. But it is the parent's choice to make and for the child to protest when old enough.

Posting such photos of/with child on the internet -- bad idea. Not cute.

anika987, joylokhi and NeetaR like this.
  3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

I have yet to see a picture where Ash is not smotherimg her daughter.
    She is either holding ,making her do stuff by holding her hand, sitting on her lap or carrying a grown daughter in lap.Can understand in crowds...but this even in parties and festivals ....

Kissing on the lips should be avoided for hygiene purposes when they are very small and for the eww factor where they are no longer toddlers.

I strongly believe posting pics without their consent is wrong but celebrity kids have a tough life ....so least the parents can do is be careful of how they behave in public.

More than the kissing I feel her taking a child to adult events like Cannes is inappropriate. A child should be allowed to be a child .

anika987, sindmani, joylokhi and 2 others like this.
  4. Rihana

So true! Relief to see above. I thought I was being extra mean and rhymes-with-witchy by thus observing in a time when all wish for peace to all.

Maybe as a decoy to cover the flab?

True, true and true.

Tu chhupi thee kahan? Tu chhupi hai kahan? (Where have you been hiding?) Busy busy? kabhi meri/hamari gali aaya karo. (post more).

anika987 likes this.
  5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

:roflmao:
    She should get her stylist to get her better clothes.
    White anarkallis that is her trademark do not help.
    Just busy with real life .....:rolleyes:
    Hopefully should have more time in a few months time.:)

anika987 and Rihana like this.
  6. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

The poor kid is going to be so embarrassed one day. And why do her parents keep dragging her around to adult functions? I was surprised to see the child at the Ambani wedding. Do the Bacchans not have babysitters?

NeetaR, Rihana and SinghManisha like this.
  7. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

No not ok. I have two boys and I don’t want them to think it’s ok to do that to anyone until they are 21.

sheztheone, Mistt and Rihana like this.
  8. Swetha52003

Swetha52003 Gold IL'ite

A parent child love is the most purest and honest kind of bond. Parents adore their creations in various methods. For some,it may be a simple loving gaze when they are in sound sleep. For some,it may be a compulsory kiss on the head when they leave to School... There are many expressions... I am not saying that all parents should kiss their kids on lips and post it on internet. It is actually wise to avoid it. But who are we to judge a mother child bonding even if it is a celebrity. Obviously Ash didn't do the ideal thing.. but she is just a mother who just didn't think much about what people may be interpretting about it. But to be honest, more than Aishwarya Rai I am disgusted about the people who trolled her for that...

9. Rihana

Cannes Film Festival..yes, not the place to take child. I wonder if the child went to the Film Festival gatherings also or the photos were taken in hotel, and around the city.

Ambani wedding -- maybe they are trying to give her a regular upbringing. Not taking children to a wedding or having an "adults-only" function would be irregular in India. Children are bhagwaan ka roop. An image of God.

MalStrom likes this.
  10. Rihana

The media might be relentless and unsparing as they go after stories, but I think they draw the line at posting pictures of star kids. Be it Shahrukh Khan, Anil Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan, Shahid Kapoor, Karan Johar, Tusshar Kapoor, or any stars, the pictures of their kids get taken and shared online only with their consent.

"Aishwarya didn't think much about what people may be interpreting about it" -- exactly. A mother who has been in the industry for decades would know better than to set her child up for future embarrassment. And sharing such pictures, not once but multiple times.

Parent bonding with child -- others should not judge. Those pictures get shared online with general public with the consent of the parent -- of course discussion, trolling will happen.

NeetaR likes this.