1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Parallel but compatible

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Eandian,

Thank you for visiting this blog and your wonderful response. I have not heard of your mom's analogy and thank you for sharing it. Her statement that the couple should be together to cut the unwanted interference, is very valuable and I will remember for the rest of my life.

Viswa

2. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@Viswamitra

After posting my fiction, Parallel Lines, I came across this nice article. A refreshing take on the mundane frictions in life and drawing a fine philosophical thought out of it. Wonderful.

Wish you a happy and prosperous new year 2018.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  3. Viswamitra

@GeetaKashyap,

Thank you for your thoughtful complements. I am now rushing to read your fiction so that I can enjoy your writings as usual. :)

I reciprocate the wishes for a very enjoyable 2018.

Viswa

4. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Moving parallel yet different.... Very true with the perspective of couple...nice writeup...

5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa,
    Wow! What a comparison! Only Viswa can have these kind of thoughts while travelling in a train!
    In the life journey compatibility, love, faith, mutual respect and compromise between the couple is needed.
    Only thing is, in the train journey we are sure of the destination whereas in the life journey we are not sure of the destination. Only the blessed souls travel in the right path to reach the destination.
    PS

6. Viswamitra

Dear Smt. Srinivasan:

I take your wonderful words of appreciation as the blessings I received for the new year. You have revealed the 5 ingredients that are needed for a peaceful life for the Grahastha.

I agree with you that instead of fixing the destination in real life, we have to perfect and enjoy the journey itself until wherever it takes us.

Viswa

7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Viswa life would be a bore if husband and wife are similar. It is diversity and contrast, even little conflicts that make life interesting.. Remember the law of magnetism--like poles repel each other. And it is unfair to expect man and wife to be stitha pragnas under pleasure and pain.

Viswamitra likes this.
  8. Viswamitra

Dear Balajee,

You are right on target. The wife's role is to make a Bachelor Pechilar meaning speechless person. Your thoughts reminded me of a joke by Nagesh in a very old Tamil movie.

Nagesh describes a verbal fight with his wife as follows:

1) She screamed at me and I listened for a while
    2) Then, I listened for a while when she screamed
    3) Finally, I said something and she stopped screaming.

When friends asks him "What did you say?" He replies with a smile, "I am sorry".

Balajee likes this.
  9. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viswa,
    Good one. The only problem is humans are made of Panch Tatva unlike the railway tracks, wheels or ballast made of steel and cement. Humans have feelings, egos, aspirations and most importantly individuality. Wife or husband, parents or children, siblings, bosom friends all are individuals.

Humans are made by God and railways by humans, who for obvious reasons did not inject them with these attributes otherwise we would see accidents happenings every other second.
    Good for humans.
    Amen.

10. Viswamitra

Dear Hari,

You are absolutely right. We are humans with emotions but we are also gifted with discrimination. We understand to what extent we can go and what would trigger the spouse. The tendency to share and care with/for each other and willingness to listen to the viewpoints of the spouse strengthens the relationship.

Viswa