1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Parallel but compatible

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

[JUSTIFY][JUSTIFY]Train was moving at real good speed after leaving the train station. I moved out of the seat to have some fresh air and I decided to walk towards the door and stand near the door to have some fresh air. I held on the railing carefully and moved my head a little bit out to get some air on my face. While looking out I saw the beautiful mountain range on one side and a nice looking lake on the other side of the train. After spending time watching breathtaking beauty of the nature, I spent some time watching the rail track that was running parallel to the train right next to the train. It was curving so beautifully together. The fish plates underneath the rail track were placed accurately to support the track. The crushed stones of identical size (Ballast) are nicely placed underneath the rail tracks to have a cushion effect for the wagons and locomotives that are moving at a rapid speed.

The train was turning so nicely and I was watching the train’s metal wheels. The metal wheels are curved inside the track on both sides so that the curve will prevent the train from moving out of the track on either side but at the same time allows the train to move freely on the track. The curving underneath the wagons and on top of the wagon is designed so beautifully to establish the gravity of the wagon on top of the rail track. The wagon is designed at a right size to accommodate enough passengers or goods insides but small enough not to topple out of the rail track. More I thought of all that I could not stop wondering the engineering marvel behind the design and the meticulous attention to the details. Suddenly that chain of that was broken and I was overwhelmed by real life situation.

I was wondering why there are so many differences of opinion between my spouse and myself. How nice it would be if our thoughts, likes and dislikes are identical. The life will move very quickly and nicely and I thought it would be like heaven on earth. Then my analytical mind for some strange reason started comparing the engineering marvel of the design of the wagon and the rail track with that of my life. Like a lightning, the results of that comparison came out.

Life is pretty much like a bundle with roles and responsibilities distributed among all individual components of the family. In a good family, the thoughts of husband and wife need not be identical. As a matter of fact, they can be parallel to each other but should have same objective. Their intention to be together and affinity for each other should be pretty good to run together for a long haul. Their thoughts should work like the curves in the metal wheels and when one side moves too far away from the track, the other curve should prevent it from moving further and vice versa. They need to build financial and other securities together like fish plates underneath for the safety and security of the rail track. The life should be built on a strong foundation of unconditional love just like crushed stones (Ballast) providing the cushion effect for the wagons.

The life together should be shaped like wagon’s design to have the gravity to be neutral under pleasure and pain. The purpose of the wonderful engineering design is based on safety and security of the passengers and goods and all these components together are holding the passengers and goods under their care during their journey until they reach destination. Similarly, the married life together is for safety and security of the children and the wealth that the couple build together for future. They hold all of that in trust until they reach the destination. God is providing us so much opportunity to learn the lessons in our life from everything we see day to day and we need to train our mind to learn from it.
    [/JUSTIFY][/JUSTIFY]

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

wow... What a comparison sir... Rail track to a family

very well said sir.

3. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wow!! excellent parallels drawn on railway tracks and life!!

Enjoyed reading sir and yes, learned a lot as well.... thanks sir:)

Akila

4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

The train tracks run parallel but their destination and "gamyam"(I don't know equivalent word in English) is the same in the journey of life. Two sides of the same coin. They may be different in seeing things in a different perspective....but I think that is needed, two halves of a circle.. They need not be replica of each other. But the underlying factors should be unconditional love, respect for each other and security to make the journey of life pleasant and fulfilling.

Syamala

5. Viswamitra

Dear Pallavi,

Thank you for reading this blog and your first response. I hope I didn't disappoint you on this blog as your responses used to be fairly detailed.

Viswa

6. Viswamitra

Dear Akila,

Thank you for your response to this blog. I am so humbled and honored when you said you learned a lot out of this blog.

Viswa

7. Viswamitra

Symala,

Thank you for your response. You have perfectly summarized what I wished to convey in the entire blog. Your visit to my blog and the comments I receive from you regularly makes me feel so happy. :)

Viswa

8. crazywriter

crazywriter Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viswa,

loved your narrative style, and the parallel. :) did you take this picture? it is very nice!

9. Viswamitra

Dear Crazywriter,

Thank you for your nice feedback. No I did not take the picture it is a download from Google search.

Viswa

10. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Viswa sir
    I did a virtual train travel sitting in front of my laptop reading this post.
    Too good.
    BTW is this your first blog with an image attached?

regards
    honeybee