1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pankaja's Poem in Deccan Herald!

Discussion in 'Poetry' started by varalotti, Jan 14, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Most Gracious ILites,
    Pankaja has given a Pongal gift to all of us by her poem which appeared in Deccan Herald, Poets corner today.
    Heres the link for you to read the poem.
    http://deccanherald.com/deccanherald/jan142007/artic2056232007113.asp

Dear Pankaja,
    Only you can talk about 12 lovers, 5 mothers and 2 children and leave us quite heavy at the end. But our heaviness is not due to sadness.
    When the bag you hold in your hand is full, then it is heavy. In the same way our heaviness is due to our fullness, Pankaja.
    Well-written.
    regards,
    sridhar

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

wistful?

Dear Mrs Pankaja,

I liked your poem in DH. There is a wistful longing in it?With few lines, you have conveyed so much. Happy Makar Sankaranti. My favourite pieces from you are still the ones on Vastu and the shooting episode
    regards
    Vidya

Varalotti,
    Thanks for bringing this to our notice. Happy Pongal.

regards
    Vidya

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  3. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Soooo nice

Dear Pankaja,
    You are heralding the new year very well. simple lines going right into the heart.My admiration for you increases.
    Regards,
    Meenu

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

I know not why....

Your poem infuse me with feelings profound
    Joy at first and thoughts abound
    How come this Lady writes so well...
    Atleast I enjoy them, well well.. :).........

Yes Pankaja......atleast I am able to enjoy your beautiful words even if I do not possess your talent to write. Thank God for small mercies:)
    Thanks Sridhar, as usual, you are the bearer of beautiful words!

L, Kamla

5. nuggehallipankaja

nuggehallipankaja New IL'ite

Re my poem

Sridhar,
    Even though you are such a famous writer you have that rare and wonderful quality of recognising the slightest talent in anyone, and bring them to limelight,reminding me of our Purandaradasa's words(In lyric)'kereya neeranu kerege chellu'-meaning,' give back the water of tank, to tank itself'(In other words, give back the bounty you have received from the almighty, to others also'. Perhaps our Ambika will be able to clarify the message better.Anyway, thanks very very much dear Sridhar, your appreciation of my small piece means a lot to me; My poems are my children-my real treasures
    which i would like to inherit in my next janma.

Dear Kamala,Meena, Vidya,and other IL sisters,
    The pride and appreciation you have shown me overwhelms me; If my small piece has given you all joy, I can think of no other blessing graciously gifted by my kind maker! May all your potentials also surface from this Pongal onwards and give me the oppertunity to reciprocate likewise!
    Nuggehalli Pankaja

6. ambika ananth

ambika ananth Bronze IL'ite

Let me share this with you all...

Friends, our poet Pankaja has another facet to her personality as a highly renowned ‘humourist’, whose work is awaited eagerly in popular Kannada Weeklies.
    Let me proudly share about an event which took place last month.
    Ever year the popular and prestigious' Koravanji- Aparangi Trust '( foremost humorous magazine of Karnataka) have made it a point to hold 'Hasyotsava' ( Celebration of Humour ) in memory of Charlie Chaplain, on 25 December of every year They hold it on a mammoth scale in H,N.Kalaksetra, Jayanagara, Bangalore and stalwarts of humour regale the teeming crowd, with humorous anecdotes, incidents, jokes et al.. Laughter of the crowd reaches the sky. People come specially to attend it from all over Karnataka; They come and occupy the seats at 5am, a good 5 hours in advance. .since, it is very hard to get in, with people competing with each other to attend the Function.
    Our dear friend Pankaja was felicitated in that great Event. ( second lady to be honoured that way in ‘humour’ field apart from late Smt.T Sunandamma’ in whose memory this Award was given to Pankaja) She was presented apart from cash award, a beautiful citation, which says it all…about her prolific humourous outpourings and how popular she is with her readers. The crimson coloured shawl with which they honoured her suited her so much, she was looking like a fresh rose in bloom on the podium. She spoke in a very short yet pithy manner and most importantly in a ‘humble’ manner…and of course that she was applauded and appreciated goes without saying…
    Anyway, it was the time of my life, having heard about 'hasyotsava' much, I have enjoyed and rollicked hearing the jokes. This Hasyotsava was the brain-child of late Dr.Shivaram, a well known doctor, humourist, writer, and also editor of the popular 'Koravanji' which regaled all the readers of Karnataka for a long time. Now his son has taken over as editor of Aparanji(changed form) along with veteran writers and Humourists like the popular writer Belur Rammurthy,is enriching humour in Kannada literature. It seems, many N.R.I s also time their visit so as to attend the function.
    Let me wish our Pankaja through this wonderful Forum, many more such accolades and awards…she deserves every one of them….God bless her..
    regards
    ambika

7. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

good to read the details

Hello Ambika,

Good to read of the details of the Hasyotsava festival in which Mrs Nuggehalli Pankaja was felicitatated. You have sketched the details well for those of us who did not know of Aparanji and Hasyotsava.

Congrats again to Mrs Pankaja!

Vidyasarada had also posted this news.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3955

Thanks again, Ambika and Vidyasarada, and congrats again, Mrs Pankaja!

affly
    vidya

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Congrats!

Dear Pankaja Ma'm,

Congratulations for another felicitation. It is nice to be in such eminent company. Thanks Ambika for the info on this Hasyotsava.

L, Kamla