1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pankaja's Middle In Deccan Herald!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Jul 29, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Most Gracious ILites,
    The Deccan Herald of 28th carries a middle by Nugehalli Pankaja. For a seasoned writer like her, even a very mundane act of releasing an ad for letting out her apartment has been a source of so many insights into the working of the human mind. Above all I love the sense of humour which is very gentle, yet very strong. I love the portion where the prospective bachelor-tenants bluff about their being engaged to Miss Universe and all.
    Now all of you be good girls, follow the link below, read the middle and post your comments.
    No better way to start a glorious week end.

http://deccanherald.com/deccanherald/jul282006/editpage1629282006727.asp

regards,
    Varalotti

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Long time, Pankaja !

My dear Pankaja,
    It is quite some time since we interacted with eachother ! So please allow me to present you my best compliments, first !
    The middle is very enjoyable, very breezy & most of all very " matter of fact" !
    Not a word of exaggeration ! I enjoyed the phrase "We cannot even attend mummy’s call for bride-viewing, as such, where have we the time to look at your building-Padminies?” - finally if the bachelors occupy, they end up doing that precisely, is also very true !
    The music teacher occupying as the tenant & that, leading to the owner being pressurised to quit, is very hilarious !
    Thanks for the enjoyable middle.
    Love & regards
    Chithra.

My dear Sridhar,
    Very nice of you, to have posted this link.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Loved the middle, Mrs Pankaja

Dear Mrs Pankaja,

It takes a seasoned writer like you to turn a mundane 'House to let' ad into an insightful and hilarious piece. And such a well-written piece, full of pragmatic observations. I loved the part about Vastu and tenants asking for more as rents are lowered. You are Anupama indeed.

Varalotti- thank you for posting the link here in IL and spreading the cheer around.

Warm regards
    Vidya

Last edited: Jul 29, 2006
  4. nuggehallipankaja

nuggehallipankaja New IL'ite

overwhelmed!

Dear Sridhar, Chitra, and Vidya,
    I cannot find words to express my joy in finding such sincere well-wishing
    talented friends of common feather! I must have done lot of punya in my past janma!(done unawaringly!) Thank you,thank you, thank you...
    Sridhar, from what I have observed, you take more pleasure in making other writers famous! A trait uncultivated in most. By the way, i tried my best to read my 'middle' in IL like other members, but could't find it. Which route to take, mister?

Chitra dear,
    It was real pleasure reading your comments. I have read your reviews which
    denote your wide range of reading;I liked your prayers-link, and try to abide by it.
    Vidya,
    Call me Pankaja;We need not be formal. Nice of you to have gone through my middle.
    Now, lastly, I have to explain something;I had ended the 'Middle' in a more humerous vein, like-'The music teacher boosts up my ego with compliments like "Your voice is very melodious! I will teach u music and make you a famous singer-concerts,T.v.Radio,awards,fans 'laks and laks etc etc.I really believe it(in the Middle) and become her pupil;She asks me to practise everyday.Ido........every dawn.
    The building-secretary has requested me to quit-soon. Csn you find me an apartment please? ...Quickly?'

How do u like this ending? Alas, they eliminated it.
    Nuggehalli Pankaja

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Thanks to Mrs Pankaja and Sridhar...

..I started this sp day with laughter.
    Dear Pankaja M'am, that was an interesting and cute little middle! Like others have mentioned, it takes one with a fine sense of humour to turn a mundane rent ad into a matter of fun. I also particularly enjoyed your alternative ending. Your extra mention of "in middle" about your music practice made me laugh even more....now I am in doubt...Are you sure you really did not practice singing at dawn?? :))
    Thanks Sridhar for giving a pleasant start for my day. Have a nice weekend, all of you.

L, Kamla

6. nuggehallipankaja

Thanks

Kamala,
    Call me Pankaja. Pankaja is another name of Kamala. I like that name, since it is Lotus. Your heart seems to open like that ,judging by the way, laughter and thoughts have opened. May God keep u that way.
    Coming to the 'Middle', I am glad u liked it; Thankgod, i didn't practise music, that too atdawn- I would have been thrown out! But i make my heroines do all the crazy things, while I remain sober.
    Nuggehalli Pankaja

7. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Your ending is even more humorous, Pankaja!

Dear Pankaja,

Your ending is even more humorous. I love your ending. As Kamla said reading your middle was a great way to start the day. (we all started the day a full 12 hours before Kamla did)

I am surprised that while everybody can read your middle from my link, you can't.

It is very simple. Just click the link I have given in my posting. DH Middle will open in another window. Sit back and read.

I am sure with your frustrating attempts to read your own middle through this thread, you will be writing one more middle.
    all the best.
    And thanks for the nice comments you have for my story The Price. We all missed you for a while.
    I want you to write more and more middles so that I can pull you up to IL site more often.

With Warm regards,
    sridhar

8. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

you made my weekend

Dear Pankaja,
    Your middle was so very hilarious that i have still not stopped laughing loudly.Your sense of humour shows your love for life and people and thefine person you are.The unpublished ending I enjoyed very much. I just sat imagining you and the music teacher practising.Thank you for a nice light middle. As you said Sridhar and I should add Chithra are ever the first to appreciate others, My thanks to both of them
    Regards,
    Meenu

9. nuggehallipankaja

Thanks Sridhar,Meenu

Sridhar,

Yes,followiyour instructions, I found my 'Middle' and read it like other members. Thank you. you really make me feel like somebody whenever I enter .

Meenu,
    Laughter is a boon and the best entertainment! I am happy to have been the cause of it, and thank you.