Palikaranai or Ramapuram - Buying apartment advice

Discussion in 'Housing' started by Gokool, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Gokool

Gokool New IL'ite

Hi,

I have been hunting for an apartment since I went to US in 2009, but something or the other was not working out. I have come back to Chennai now, so I had looked at several apartments nothing impressed me. I kind of decided to buy a 2 BHK flat then rent it for now, so I found 2 areas that could fit my budget. Palikaranai and Ramapuram, under 50L.

Weltech properties offering apartments for 4200 in ramapuram. Property prices range in ramapuram ranges from 4200-5200/sqft in ramapuram for some unknown reason.

Palikarani ranges from 3500-3800/sqft.

So which place would be ideal for investment, I would either sell it off after 2yrs or just keep it for me!

Any suggestion would be valuable. I would prefer to stick with city limits as in not too far away like 10kms from Tambaram or near to Mahabalipuram.

Thanks
    Gokul

2. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Pallikaranai is a very upcoming area. Much closer to all IT parks. Lot of big players in Pallikaranai nowadya & I think that place is heading for a boom. I rejected Ramapuram while considering to buy a house, because except for DLF & few other players no other companies are close by. But i think that may not be the criteria as you are not working in Chennai.
    Have you checked out Purva windermere project in Pallikaranai. I liked it but it wasn't with in my budget. But I think you can check it out as your budget is 50 lakhs.

3. Gokool

Gokool New IL'ite

Thanks Black Beauty. Plus ramapuram has the worst infrastructure. Just one road from Guindy to Ramapuram, just one drive would give you a feel of driving in 1950. Roads are so bad.
    Yes I agree the only scope is DLF, but its close to the city making the SQFT price always high.

How about Medavakam?

4. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Medavakkam is developing at a rapid speed. Another good area. If you compare Pallikaranai & medavakkam, i think advantage to Pallikaranai will be that its closer to Velachery. You can get anything in Velacherry nowadays.
    Other area you can look for is Chrompet. Sqft rate is more or less same as Pallikaranai.

5. SudhaManimaran

SudhaManimaran Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I would like to give u my suggestion as medavakkam comparing to pallikarnai. Though Pallikaranai is closer to velachery nothing else attracted me.. when we are looking to buy a apratment here we roamed around many places inside pallikarnai.coz during rainy season u cant just imagine to commutute to any place from here. that much worst it will be .Also medavakkam will fetch you a decent rent as it is easily accesible to tambaram MEPZ as well as IT Highway. So i feel its the best option comparing to Pallikaranai.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  6. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

How about Porur? Iam planning to buy a 2 Bhk there .Have come across ads in the paper about that place.

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Both are different ..i believe oranges should be compared to oranges.

Pallikkaranai has the advantage as the whole omr belt developed rapidly and so did the surrounding. infact even before the omr belt the overflow of velachery fell into pallikkaranai.

coming to ramapuram, other than it being in close proximity to the l&t, ws and s&S industries earlier, it did not have much to offer. but today, with lot of other industries, it parks, and good hospitals along with its proximity to saligrammam,vadapalani and ph high road it has also a better outlook. yes the narrow road that connects ramapuram to the main road is a damper..but you never know, the government may look at widening, at a later period.

During the rainy season earlier ramapuram used to be very badly reundated, but this year, it was really manageable according to a few friends, while pallikkaranai is still drying at some places.

the water table if it has to be compared..then pallikkaranai does get a thumbs down for the very bad water..it is not potable in any sense. while ramapuram the water is decent and a regular ro will give you drinking water.

Rental income, should be the same in both the places.. (I am taking the prime places and not the interiors)

Schools pallikkarani edges high because of its close proximity to madipakkam/velachery where there are more schools (cbse/matriculation) and ramapuram is not having a great number of cbse schools in the surrounding.

And also the guideline value of a place, and the other developments in the area add up to the price of the place..price of a apartment or plot does not state the greatness of a place..there are places as far as guduvanchery with 4000rs..or akshaya's home almost after urapakkam that is costlier than pallikkaranai..it all depends on the pocket and the forces driving the rate..

all the best to your dream home.

8. Gokool

Gokool New IL'ite

Thanks to all for posting your suggestions. They are certainly giving a broad picture of things to consider.

So on the other hand friend of mine he is also looking for apartment. He took me to chrompet, we got to see few model individual houses in chrompet. Although the design seems pretty simple! But the land area itself is 1600sqft. I got the feel of living in a own house. The total cost would come around anywhere btw 65-70l. Tharani estates, EVP BUILDERS & Sharon builders offer such individual houses.

Any comments on such deals? Are there any potential problems ?

9. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Where exactly is this property located in Ramapuram.We are also hunting.

What is the price they are quoting (Weltech),Sqft ?

Is it this one? http://www.welltechproperties.com/ongoingprojects/ongoingprojectspro_ramapuram_ambalnagar.html

10. Gokool

Gokool New IL'ite

I think the project I had mentioned is completely sold out, the link is been removed. there is small project done by welltech properties in ramapuram, you may want to look at it.

Btw, I went for long ride today from Medavakkam till Kelambakkam.

Here are the rates in Medavakkam/Palikaranai
    Isha Homes - 3600/SQFT only 4th floor 2BHK available
    Vishranti - 3550/SQFT only 3rd floor available
    Navins Housing - 3600/SQFT only few 2BHKS available.
    For some reason Navins constructions was not good, I liked Isha homes construction, its good. The problem is they have only 4th floor available.
    Appasamy construction Palikarani - 4550/SQFT.

Purvunkara Palikaranai - Their model houses are excellent. I would really recommend Puruvankara. But! all 2BHK flats are sold, only 3BHK flats are available they cost around 70-90L. So then they took me to Kelambakkam Purvankara's swan lake project. It cost 3200/SQFT and will be ready in another 6months.

Also I went to Presitige's Porur project. Its 4200/SQFT.

Hope the information is useful

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012