Pakistan Missed calls !!!!!!!!!!! - Beware

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by roopanair123, Jan 31, 2009.

1. roopanair123

roopanair123 Gold IL'ite

Dear All,

I would like to share a true cheating incident happened last night, please do not ignore this mail until you read completely…

Yesterday my neighbor (House Wife) received a missed call, without seeing the number she called back to that number. The respondent claimed that he is calling from etisalat and she has won a DH 2Lac in a lucky draw held during Quran competition of 4 countries and there team will visit the winners house in the morning at 10a.m and handover the cheque. She was told that her call is being recorded and hence not to waste time and not to drop the call until she go and purchase the Dh1000 Etisalat Wassel recharge cards of Dh 100 denomination. She was thrilled and excited about the price money she heard about , went and purchased the cards hoping that she has truly won and will be getting the Dh 2Lac along with the Dh 1000/=.

Fortunately I was present by her side when she was talking to him and the cheater was asking the numbers on the card to be told to him so that his team can verify the numbers next day morning and hand over the gift cheque. She was about to reveal the numbers but I interrupted her and took over the phone call. I looked at the number it is from Pakistan , I told him that you are calling from Pakistan and telling that you are from etisalat and what is the authenticity? He claimed that he has company in dubai , when asked for the dubai contact number, he gave the Pakistan number again saying me that it is Internet number. Then I understood that he is trying to fool the victim by taking and utilizing the Wassel recharge card numbers. It is also clear that there some people here in dubai who are linked with this Pakistani caller who is utilizing these Wassel recharge card numbers. I shouted at him and disconnected. After a while I called him again from my Cell and warned him that I have reported to police, then he started using all possible bad words to me, I disconnected the call.

Some of my friends also have received missed calls from Pakistan and they did not call back. I strongly believe there is big racket behind this and a group of people involved in this scam. Hence please spread this information as many people as possible to help innocent people falling in the trap specially house wives.

For your information, we can easily identify that no internet number will display the country code and no one can dial back to internet number, the cheaters just fooling the innocents.

The number from which she received call is 00923236844199 and the number my friend received missed call from is 00923437472925, Please note they might be using different numbers each time.

Spread this message all across to your known contacts……

2. anaamika

anaamika Senior IL'ite

Hi Roopa

I got a missed call from a pakistan number too!! yesday only.But I dint respond/ call back. So it is indeed true!! Pls, all who read this, forward it to your freinds and contacts in U.A.E.

and roopa, I think you should have put this in the "Indians in U.A.E. forum", cause nmore people here, will check it out. You can request the moderator to shift your thread to that forum, and then post once more in the same thread, so that it'll come on the new post.

3. roopanair123

roopanair123 Gold IL'ite

Hi Anamika,

Thanks for the suggestion..will do so soon.......

Rgds

Roopa

4. ankit9j

ankit9j Guest

Hi,

I got such missed call from +923058909858 last month and when I called back, they claimed my mobile bill will be Rs. 5,00,000 for the month.
    Luckily, I had used yahoo to call them so no such thing happened. It couldn't've happened anyway as they have no link with AirTel. I even called AirTel and they also asked me not to worry.

Then I got missed calls from +923052125384 & +923053298969 in the last week which I didn't bother responding to.
    Whats more interesting here is the Pune Police number i.e. 100 which never goes through. Either it keeps going busy or they pick and hang up.:rant
    I'd see what I'd do.

Ankit