1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

"Paint your Ambition" Contest

Discussion in 'Kids Korner' started by Laxmi, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Last Wednesday, I saw an ad in The Hindu about "Paint Your Ambition" Contest. It is a contest wherein the kids has to draw themselves visualizing what they aspire to become in life.

My daughter Apuurva has taken up drawing and painting as her hobby. She likes to do pencil shading too. So when I saw this ad, I wanted Apuurva to take part in the contest. I was imagining Apuurva would draw herself as an IAS officer with tavellis at the background / Marketing head of a MNC / a software professional glued in front of the computer..I was flying high wih my imagination

The same evening when she was back from school, I showed her this ad and asked her what she wants to become in life.
    (Read with background sound: bursting of a balloon sound bonk ) I landed in the ground with a hard hitting reality when she said she wants to become an Artist.
    I did not thurst my ideas on her and asked her to give her entry in her own line of thought. So this is the picture she drew for the entry. Out of all the entries, 50 best entries would be selected for display and among that only one winning entry. I would be happy if she could be among the best 50 entries. Have a look at the entry and let me know your comments. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Laxmi,

Good one yaar. All the best for your daughter Apurva.

When i saw the amaze contest, I showed my daughter. my daughter said, I can't visuvalise and and draw a chartered accountant...i said you can draw a person with calculators, ledger and books...she has tried.. i will post it later...

but she is still hesitant about sending the same.

Once again it is great one..keep encouraging and post more of her works.

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hi Laxmi,
    very glad to hear that Apurva is taking part in that contest.
    best of luck to her...
    Very nice sketch of hers to be an artist...
    Go girl!

sriniketan

Still thinking is she the one i saw in Mrs. Chitvish's ilite meet, with her little sis!

4. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Lax,

That is a very nice picture and your daughter looks sweet....

All the Very Best.....

Veda

5. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite

very nice, All the best for Apurva.
    love,
    latha

6. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Laxmi
    That is a beautiful drawing by your daughter and she has used the colors combination to very nicely.
    All the best for your daughter Apurva eagerly waiting to know the result............

Dear Shanthi
    Please post Charu's painting too wish to have a look at it...............
    Visualising her as a CA really want to know what she has put in there...........
    she sitting on the chair with ledgers, journals, calculator, heaps of files etc etc........
    All the best to Charu

7. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

Hai Laxmi,

Nice work .........All the best for ur daughter and do encourage her a lot.........she has portrait her well in the picture.... she is looking cute........

8. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

Dear Shanthi,

I am waiting to c Charu's painting.............

9. Laxmi

Hi Shanvy,
    Thanks for your wishes to Apuurva.
    I did see some of Charu's paintings you posted in the other thread. Shows a lot about her talent and the encouragement she gets from you.
    Yeah I agree it is difficult to draw themselves as a Chartered Accountant. If not for the competition ask her to try some innovative ideas on this topic. Am sure the kids can conceive great ideas if given freedom to paint whatever they think.

Sure Shanvy, when I get some time i will post Apuurva's works here in the forum.

10. Laxmi

Hi Sriniketan

Thanks for your wishes to Apuurva and thanks for your appreciation of her work.
    Yes she is the same Apuurva with her little sis Aditi only that she has grown a little taller.