1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Pain in hands and shoulder due to long sessions in hand embroidery and crochet

Discussion in 'Embroidery' started by meetmeonline, Jan 8, 2014.

1. meetmeonline

meetmeonline Gold IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

Wish you a very happy new year. The main purpose of this post is to discuss the pain in hands and shoulders and how we could avoid them, tools and ways that we should adapt to keep going with our love for hand embroidery and crochet and knitting work.

I have personally, found this quite challenging. This is my favorite hobby and it makes me relaxed. However, after a long session of hand embroidery or crochet, my hand starts hurting me. When I am working, I usually do more out of curiosity to watch how it looks :). But, the pain that I develop later, reminds me why at all I did it. But, yes I am obsessed with these hobbies and can not let go.

Here, I want to know how to avoid these pain to develop and tools and techniques that we should use while pursuing our hobby. I request you all to share what works for you and how you manage not to develop that pain in fingers and especially palm.

I hope to see valuable suggestions and feedback that would be beneficial for the ladies who love embroidery, knitting and crochet.

Thanks
    Sharmistha

2. meetmeonline

meetmeonline Gold IL'ite

1 person likes this.