Ovulation & Pap Smear....

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by wannabmommy, Jan 24, 2012.

1. wannabmommy

wannabmommy Silver IL'ite

Dear ILites,

I have two queries:

1) OVULATION: Its cd 23 & I still haven't ovulated according to my OPK. Whereas my bbt chart is like a sign wave. I have had all my usual ovulation symptom like ovulation pain, excessive ewcm, migraine headache & irritability. What I doubt is cud it be possible tht I missed my ovulation day because a couple of times I temped & OPKed late (around 10 am v/s usual 7:30 am)??? Also this cycle we have had IC every two days...will it cover even if I missed detecting the exact ovulation day????

2) PAP SMEAR: This time if I go to my ob/gyn...she is gonna get me take pap smear test...I'm petrified about the thought of it....is it too painful??? Please share ur experiences.

Sorry for a long post...but I'm confused/worried...please help!!

TIA.

2. Applepie01

Applepie01 Senior IL'ite

Hey

1.It could be that you missed you ovulation.The OV kit has a instruction telling that the dark line must be there in order to confirm Ovulation.But , my doctor told that once you get a light surge ( lighter than the control line) , it always means that the your body is getting geared.BBT is more reliable.If you are usng fertility friend, it will pinpoint the OV after three days of confirmed high temp.Do not worry abt O onCD23, it could be because of stress and other reasons.If it continues for months then consult doctor.

2.I had a pap smear done.I would say its painless provided you cooperate.You will have a tickling feeling when the doctor takes the sample.Even i thought it to be a very fearful precedure.But , trust me its not that bad.It will be over within five minutes.

3. wannabmommy

Thanks for your reply applepie!!

I just saw fertility friend closely and as per the bbt chart it says I shd have ovulated around cd18...the only two days when we dint have IC....lost hopes this month too :(((( :bang

Starting to hate myself...it seems to be a nvr ending process for me :drowning

4. 27csweetangel

27csweetangel Silver IL'ite

wannaby mmomy,
    here is what i would suggest, closely observe cervical mucus after end of period,when first start seeing eggwhite mucus, start having intercourse every other day from that time and also start using OPK from that day..you will for sure get positive OPK in that fertile period.when you get positive opk have sex 2-3 days in row..
    Pap smear is not painful,,go fo it,its just routine test

5. wannabmommy

I have been checking my CM...but the thing is once it starts getting EWCM it stays like tht for a long time till almost the end of the cycle...so I'm confused :(

Yes talking the gyn appt soon...thanks for your reply...it gives me some motivation to proceed with the pap smear.

6. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

WBM, while fertility friend is fairly accurate I wouldn't count on it to have the last word on when I ovulated! There were quite a few occasions when I *knew* I ovulated at a different time than what was given on FF. So don't get worked up that it is showing that you ovulated around the time you missed having IC...as a rule of thumb, try to have IC every alternate day during your fertile period, however long it might turn out to be. EWCM and BBT combined with OPKs should give you the best indication of when you ovulate. If your BBT appears like a roller coaster it could be that this was an anovulatory cycle...each cycle is different from one another and we just have to roll with the punches. Don't beat yourself up about what's happening inside you and is honestly beyond your control. Tke care and good luck with the pap smear.

7. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

Hello friends, I would like to share some information which I read long before.Usually the ovary fertilizes when the intercourse takes place from the 9th day to the 19 th day from the monthly periods.Suppose the periods begin on February 1st then you should have IC from the feb 9 th to feb 19th .you can skip each day in between if daily IC is not possible for you guys.

My information may be wrong since I am not a doctor.I shared what I read.You can ignore if you find it wrong.

8. wannabmommy

Dear ILs,

I had a pap smear & pelvic exam day before yest & got my periods too the same day. I see that I'm bleeding heavier than usual this time...is it because of the test???

Also I have noticed that since we started ttc, I have heavy bleeding during the first two days of my periods...is it normal??? I forgot to mention this to my doc during this visit :((

9. poojachinoy

poojachinoy Gold IL'ite

no,your pap smear/pelvic exam cannot cause heavy bleeding...its your endometrium shedding out under hormonal control..mention it to your doctor on your next visit about the heavy bleeding...most probably,it should be because of hormonal changes in your body since you are ttc,this should be the most common cause..others could be polyps,fibroids,anovulation,endometriosis..the list goes on...but these are the cases the doctors would look into later,because they are not the common ones..so just relax...have your prenatals everyday...usually,if your cycle is regular,then according to calendar method your ovulation date should be between the 10th and 20th day of your cycle..these days try having IC daily...continue using OPK..hope it works out :)