Ovulation and ultrasound

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Mimosa, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

Mimosa,

I see that you are in Singapore. Why dont you try taking treatment in Singapore itself? The facilities are much better here. I have / had the same problems as yours. PCOD, huge weight gain, irregular cycles of upto 55-60 days, never able to find out if i was ovulating. Had a bad experience getting treatment at GG Hospital, Nungambakkam.

Once i moved to Singapore and started visting a doc here, things have been so good. Like others have mentioned, follicular study will first be done to see if you are ovulating or not. For me, it used to take place on CD 10, 12, 14..and then again once after ovulation. I was put on Clomid for 5 cycles before I conceived. I am expecting a baby this Feb, and will be having the baby with the same doc I am consulting.

Good luck on your journey, and let me know if you have any questions.

2. sowjanya02

sowjanya02 Silver IL'ite

Thx a lot for your reply doctr sugested me thyronorm tabs fo tthyroid for 6 weeks after date she said will hav the test again if thyroid level cums dwn willreduce dde dosage.. still i did not get my period LMP was oct 9th today is dec 19th very much concerend about it as MIL is continously back of me regardign the baby.. please halp me on this ladies.. can i start yoga to regularise my periods...

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sowjanya,
    Thyronorm will help you to control the thyroid levels! All the best!
    You can try good diet, regular exercise & of course yoga! Inquire with your doc on the delayed periods. Hope she will be of good help to you!
    All the best!
    Baby dust to all TTC ladies...

4. sunita14

sunita14 New IL'ite

I m on ovulation study treatment. Frm 2nd day of period i took good ova 50 and adova tablets for 5 days. Also i m also taking conceva for Month
    12th day results:
    Right ovary:15mm
    Left Ovary:msf
    Endometrial echo:6 mm 1
    4th day
    Right ovary:16mm
    Left ovary:msf
    Endo. Echo:7mm
    16th day
    Rt ovary:16mm Lt ovary:msf
    Endo.echo: 8mm
    17th day Doc said that Egg is ruptured early..
    And told Us to Keep Relation.
    My query is why my egg size is not Increasing?
    Will I have chance to Get pregnant with this results?
    What are the symptoms at the time of egg get ruptured?
    There are No follicles in my left ovary is it normal?
    Whats wrong With My Left ovary?
    How Can i increase chances to conceive?

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Naturally follicle will grow until ovulation. Just before ovulation it will shrink a bit and release the egg. Its tough to know why the egg didn't grow further after 16 mm. Naturally follicle of size around 18mm is considered good for ovulation and for conception. Hope the size of your follicle isn't bad.
    Ovulation symptoms are spotted by few women: it might include pain the the side where ovulation has happened, rarely little spotting, good stretchy cervical mucus & so on.
    In naturally cycles only one side will be allowed to grow a follicle, the other side will hold on until the next menstrual cycle. So, its nothing wrong in seeing follicle growth in one side a cycle!

Eat healthy, try to relax, think positive; that will do the good.
    All the best.