1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Overdose..No it's an extra strong overdose...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Shanvy, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

This morning, we were watching news, and in between there was a horoscope for the day slot..the kids were like curious about what is being said. When it came to my sign, the prediction was, your creative juices will flow, and will reflect on your creativity.

“OH! Yeah, we can read another blog in IL” – DS..
    “what could be the topic” – DD
    “Maybe she will write about her confusion on the board exams removal” – DS
    “No yaar, she is not so tensed about the board exams..she is cool..maybe on some topic on parenting, good values.”

I was open mouthed for a moment, hearing my kids discussing me as If I was not present…:eek:mg::eek:mg:

Eventually, I did ask them, why do you think that I will write something on these topics alone.
    DD tried to pacify me saying, “Oh mom, we love you a lot, but we feel you are on a over dose of personality development blogs…”

DS said, “Mom, people would start thinking, you are somebody who is too serious and writes only these type of blogs…”

DD said, “Why don’t you ask the same question to your friends in IL?”

I always feel, that life is learning curve and what we observe and learn on the way, when shared, is going to be useful to somebody, but never did realize that I could be over doing the same.

My DH, always says we can suggest, sometimes advice when asked, but cannot be moral police for anybody. Your neighbour does not want you to be the moral police for her kid. Your relative does not want you to be their moral police, then why are you trying to be one…

But for me, it is something that comes effortlessly, and I never write something I am not comfortable about.

I did call DH to find out, what he thinks and believe me the answer is the title of this blog..:hide:.

But still taking the advice of my daughter, here I am asking the question what do you say…???

On a serious note maybe they are right?? look at what i have been blogging on...faith and hope ; being role model; masks; arguments 1 and 2; adaptability; parental pride; Trust ; being tough ; balancing equations ; I love you; Anger;good listeners; jealousy; secrets; telling lies; power of praise; art of saying no taking risks; i told you so; a measure for this...

I rest my case....:-(

2. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Shan,

Let me be the first one to comment on your blog..

In the begining I used to think you are like what your kids say [​IMG] but after meeting you my opinion has changed...howzzat

Good your kids very discussing about you infront of you.. I liked it... why not change your topic for the blogs next time? [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shanvy, I loved this post, the way your kids have analyzed, and the way you have cutely narrated the whole thing.
    But I guess each individual has ones own chosen path, and if your mind guides you in slightly philosophical note, dont worry too much about it.

There are books and authors solely catering to personality developement and positive thinking etc. and there are people for whom these books are a treasure, to help them come out of sticky situations in their lives.
    I guess I'm getting philosophical here.. but I enjoyed reading this piece!!

4. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Shan,

I think, I am the first one to respond to this blog... I couldnt control my laugh, when I read this... Hahahahahahaha... Also you have given all the links to your Blogs... Great... Life is to enjoy... I agree with the kids... You are doing the overdose... This is the problem with perfectionists...:rotfl:rotfl:thumbsup

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]you too LS buddy. so how are you faring these days.

you should listen to their discussions sometimes...DH misses out on that...If i ask them hello! did you forget that i am your mom...they say no we did not in a chorus.:biglaugh:biglaugh.

Maybe i will try to write something different..
    but what to do my mind is conditioned to write on these types of topics...

thanks for feeling i am not like that..i know many think i am too headweight (only who meet me know it is more body weight than headweight.:biglaugh)

thanks for being here.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Syama,

I loved to have you here. for two reasons, for stepping in here for the first time, and the other telling me maybe it is my calling...

But whether i write here or not, once a day i go into these train of thoughts..maybe writing them here preserve them for me..my kids will be proud later:)hide:) t

But even if a single person is benefited, I feel i have not wasted my energy here.

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

:eek:mg::bang I don't need enemies from outside. my whole family is enough to :drowning sink me...

just kidding, I enjoy the lecture mode whatever said and done and no excuses on that....

I got my blogs to be named as essays by some too.

Thanks for coming and telling me it is a overdose..and also agreeing that i am a perfectionists..maybe the problem is more there...

regarding giving the links...seivathai thirindha sei...

8. thozhi4u

thozhi4u New IL'ite

Hi shanvy,I dont think you are overdosing.What i think is your ability to think more maturely and how deep you can narrate it and beautifully you can link the phylosipical thoughts with the practical life .
    My opinion is dont change any of your ways of writings just for others if you feel good abt writing like the way u do, plz continue...and personally i love your writings very much...
    Its good that you have added the links to your blog making me easy to access it.

9. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

Its just that you are too concerned about your kid's welfare. Only these things linger over your mind and in the end; appear as blogs here.

10. Deep78

Deep78 Bronze IL'ite

Now in a short span of my IL life, i can identify you by just seeing the title.
    But dont worry. I am sure there should be a segment like me who needs that overdoze ..why? -- extra strong overdoze from you and you are doing it right. Please continue your blogs in the same modus.