1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

overcoming my laziness

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by dipshikha, Apr 27, 2011.

1. dipshikha

dipshikha Junior IL'ite

Finest Blog Winner - Fourth Weekly pick of April 2011

If you are just a house wife and staying in a nuclear family where you are not being observed by the other member's of the family . your life becomes little bit easy compared to the housewives who stays with inlaws where there is a possibility of you and your way of living getting scanned everyday. Quite unpleasant and wearisome for both the inlaws and the daughter inlaw whose expectations from each other are so high. If the expectations are not met then there comes disharmony in the relationship. However in my case it is different where my inlaws are at bay and i am the queen of my house deciding everything what to do and when.

Everyday is a usual day for me where there is no change in activities . Its just the drudgery stuff that i do repeating the same old work daily right from cooking breakfast, meals and supper , to taking care of my baby and to cleaning and maintaining the home on regular basis when things are scattered around. Its just the routine work that is followed upon and at times i am so bored indulging in them that often i would skip some of the mundane stuff like folding the clothes, arranging utensils in the rack after the maid finishes cleaning, organising toys in their respective place being scattered around by my little kid and leave all these work for tommorrow or do it after my husband comes home before midnight fearing for his temper . The left over work just gets piled up for tommorrow . During these lazy hours i just remain glued to the tv and internet and doing nothing. By simply sitting and doing nothing it leads me to so much of disliking for work or effort that at times i will be lazy to my own basic duties like preparing a good meal which is so important to boost up the happy mood of my family and often i ended up in disharmony , dissatifaction and nagging with hubby and my kid.

After a while i would introspect about the situation which is not happening and would like to change myself and commit to it. But how?

I have found a unique way to get the job done and following it consistently and execute the plan that i am going to mention now..

The moment i get up from bed the first thing that i do is prioritize the things that needs to be done for the day and jot it down in a small sheet of paper and follow it randomly. The job list includes the high priority work and the low priority work and even my personal priority work like exercise, meditation, writing , browsing etc.. In this way i am keen into doing the job actively and enthusuiastically and then keep checking the list and marking it down after the job gets accomlished . I definitely see my involvement in starting the work and finishing it and then move to other task . It just gives me the purpose for the day that i have mentioned in the list and i am so much engaged in myself and seeing the goals for the day being achieved like the house is cleaned , things are at place, learned somthing for the day , read blogs and above all i get a feeling that i have done something for the day and made it useful. Though some of the priority work in the list does goes for the next days list .Following this proceedure has just become a habit to me now and sometimes if i do not list the job on a paper i just slide into my old ways ending up not much for the day.

I often feel satisfied and remain content with the utilisation of my time and not getting myself more glued to the entertainment gadgets like Tv and computer wasting my time and disconnecting my connectivity with my family. Its a nice way to set up the daily priorities in a small sheet of paper and then completing it and relax without thinking for tommorrow as tommorrow will be a new day again with new joblist to be performed.

2. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

hey dipshikha, nice way to priorotize things.. Wish you good luck!!!

3. rayhaan

rayhaan Bronze IL'ite

hi Deepshika,

Thinking of this idea to prioritize and do things, but kept postponing that too:rotfl

Feeling like religiously doing it from tomorrow after reading this:cheers

4. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Nice to know that you have started prioritizing Dipshika. This is a must for all of us, I feel. Crisply written. Thanks for sharing. And, congratulations! -rgs

5. csaigeetha

csaigeetha New IL'ite

Wow, Nice a thought! I am total opposite. I am a working woman living with my inlaws. So I would be carefully reading your blog to see the other side..... :) Hope its green! Happy bogging!

6. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Hey! dipshika,

Congrats on your first Accolade..

..keep more of them coming!!

Love,

Saras.

7. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Hey Dipshikha,

Nice one ...good that you are following what you have prioritized....

Keep rocking...

8. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Nice one Dipshikha! Loved the crisp narration :thumbsup

9. vijaya1982

vijaya1982 Bronze IL'ite

hi dipshikha,

nice blog. i enjoyed your write up.

best rgds,
    vijaya

10. savita001

savita001 New IL'ite

Hi Dipshikha,
    very nicely written. The same thing is with me. I think I must follow you. Thanks for sharing.