1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Overcoming Cravings , And Self Control

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Needtobestrong, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

I m extremely fond of sweets and chocolates..I don't deliberately purchase these, but other family members may buy or make junk food and keep them in the fridge or shelves..I can't force them not to buy..sometimes it so happens that I may have a piece of cake or block of ice cream lying in the fridge..or some delicious barfi or halwa made for some occasion or given by someone..or some of my favourite chocolates..even some of my favourite chips packets are a big temptation..being a housewife I have ready access to these things, and feel so tempted to munch on these, it definitely adds lot of calories to my intake and slows down my weight loss..some of my cousins lost weight, they say that they have completely cut out sugar, sweets, chocs , fried stuff etc...
    Also I'm invited to many occasions like lunches, functions, pot lucks etc where there are many desserts prepared..
    Any effective tips for self control so I can avoid gaining weight?

shravs3 likes this.

2. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Sometimes when we try to control something so hard, it kinda bursts. So instead of tryin to stay away n fail, why not try eating in limited quantity.

Like if you want to have 2 pieces have one or half.
    Eat slowly and enjoy each bite.
    Whenever you feel like eating, have one small bite.
    Quantity control can go a long way and you can still enjoy.

During other times, have negative calorie food to compensate for the food you have outside. Still you can eat everything in lesser quantity.

This may not help in weight loss but it may help in not gaining.

Have healthy snacks right in front of you. Raw, boiled, steamed veggies, sprouts, cut fruits, dry fruits n nuts. So that's a lot easier to reach first. When you fill tummy with healthy options, there's less space for junk.