Our Ttc Journey

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Myliltwincesses, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Myliltwincesses

Myliltwincesses Silver IL'ite

We have been blessed with our little twin girls seven years after our marriage..Our life now totally revolves around them..Our TTC journey was not an easy one and We were successful only on our second IVF…I wish to share our TTC journey as it might help others like us..

If you read carefully, title of this post is “OUR” TTC Journey and not “MY”…This is an important point to be noted by all couples who are trying to conceive.. Irrespective of medical issues with either husband or wife or both, they should not blame each other and should be together in this hard journey..This will surely help in long term and their support for each other is vital while trying to conceive..

I think that medical issues while TTC is very personal and a couple should make sure that, others, even if they are very very close relatives, should stay out of it…It is my own opinion and it helped us a lot and gave us some mental peace..

Further, I understand that TTC is difficult but we have to be strong to achieve our goal.Many people in our society doesn’t mind their own businesses and they will surely poke their noses in to our personal life..It is extremely difficult and we might feel like a failure, but yet we have to try to stay positive.

Me and my Husband understood the true colour of so called relatives and friends during this stage and their behaviour left permanent scars and pain within us which will never heal.After birth of our twins, they changed suddenly but we now know about them and are very careful in dealing with them.

I was working full time and still I used to think a lot about our TTC issues.I realized very late that, being tensed and worrying about it is not going to help.I started reading books and to an extent, it helped to take my mind away from TTC.Develop a hobby and it might help in reducing your tension and worries.

I know, it is easy to say this, but very difficult to practice this – Please Stop Comparing with others – Your younger siblings or friends and relatives who got married after you might get pregnant before you. Don’t worry about this and believe that you too would have a baby soon.

You might get invited for valaikappu and baby shower functions..You decide whether you wish to attend or not and act accordingly. Don’t let others influence your decision.

There are very few people who truly care for you.Share your troubles with them if you feel comfortable.It is OK to cry at times.

Please learn to ignore some people who try to annoy you.Be positive and brave.It would definitely help in TTC journey.

Ramyarc and happydheivanai like this.

2. Ramyarc

Ramyarc Silver IL'ite

Hello OP
    What you have written very much resonates with i am going through. I am also diverting my attending to some hobbies. But i am also starting to research more on IUI and IVF since we also waited for a good amount of time before deciding on kids. Since you had twins, and wrote about your experience, I wanted to ask - While deciding on twins did the factor of high risk pregnancy due to twins scare you? And any idea what are the things you need to know when you decide on having twins?

Regards
    Ramya

Myliltwincesses likes this.
  3. Myliltwincesses

Myliltwincesses Silver IL'ite

Dear Ramya
    Before starting IVF, I know that there is possibility of twins.My first IVF failed and when I started my second one, all I prayed to God was that I should conceive.Me and my husband were happy when our results were positive.Knowing that we have twins after scan, was a huge surprise for us.Not all IVFs result in twin pregnancy.

Ours was a high risk one and yes, we were worried.You can read about our first trimester and second trimester pregnancy experiences in indusladies and also in my personal blog myliltwincesses.wordpress.com.I have explained in detail.