1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Our Legacy - I Wonder - Do You?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Rihana, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@swt.charu and I also read you visited Egypt. That's quite some globe-trotting. Nice. Very nice description of future citizens of the world trying out our lives. It is a snippet by itself!

The libraries being a thing of the past - I've got used to the idea, and the e-book convenience cannot be denied.

1 person likes this.
  2. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Legacy? What legacy?! :twisted:

ipad1-e1450691180951-580x300.jpg

(J/K!)

3 people like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Rihana dear for encouraging me with your sweet feedback as always

3 people like this.
  4. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

I just hope they don't judge us by the Fevicol song. shakehead :lol:

1 person likes this.
  5. swt.charu

swt.charu Platinum IL'ite

Thank you dear.. will surely keep in mind your offer next time I plan a trip to the lovely country... :)

6. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

that is really a thought provoking and futuristic thought..we really admire and wonder of our ancient structure and spend time there thinking and appreciating their efforts than. when we really think (as hardly we get time to think about for anything) we feel guilty that what will we give to our next generations.
    but as few members already mentioned that new and modern technology and gadgets we have made them to survive in this world. when i c very young children handle mobile,laptops i get confuse on parenting part..should i appreciate or feel pity for children. instead of exploring the beauty of nature outside and playing outdoor games they are struggling and enjoying with electronic gadgets...!!
    whatever we cannot change the world and neither i think can make somehting for next generation to admire or appreciate...and really feels bad for tht :-(

1 person likes this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I came upon one answer very soon after I posted this snippet in March 2016, but somehow missed adding it here. Within a fortnight of posting this, I read about the passing away of world-renowned architect Zaha Hadid. Google Doodle is celebrating Zaha Hadid today, May 31, to mark the 13th anniversary of her winning the Pritzker Architecture Prize (considered the Nobel Prize of Architecture)

Couple of links that showcase her amazing creations:

Zaha Hadid's 35 most incredible buildings
    Zaha Hadid Architect - e-architect

8. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Those who left a great cultural legacy behind left it without even a thought that they were leaving it for the future generations.Stonehenge was meant for druidic rituals of its time Ajanta caves were meant for Buddhist monks of its time with its walls telling the story of Buddha and bodhisattvas for their benefit. Those artists didn't think of us. It is our good fortune that they lasted this long and we are benefiting from it. Let us do what we are doing for the present . If we are lucky the future too would benefit from it.

9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rihana,
    I would rather prefer to make replicas of all monuments and other things whatever we want to show our future generation and keep them in a museum and leave a clean unpoluted environment with the beauties of nature.
    PS

10. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

The value of a Legacy can be gauged onlyby the person who receives it . Not by the giver . We have to wait in the Netherworld to hear how the future generations evaluate us .

My suspicion is , it is the same in every period . We always hold our ancestors responsible for the present state of affairs , in anything . Home or the world . A little appreciation , a lot of complaints . That is how it will be in future also .