1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Our daily wear to workplace

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Magee, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    a very nice thread. I see that most are fond of cotton rather than synthetic. Synthetic is best during rainy season. Cottons best for summer. I choice is cotton first and raw silk/silk comes next. Synthetic is last on the list. I am not working so no problem about dress getting old fast.
    For cottons, always starch - now revive etc. is available. It will keep the dress lightly crisp. Most important, stitch with lining. That will keep the dress in good condition- give lining for all materials.
    I stitch my dresses , so I design each one in a different model. I also stitich for my niece sometimes, when it is not urgent. I repaired one of her dresses (readymade kurti) I a lined it first then attached a piece in the front to make it easy for her to wear. I decorated the front piece with patches (peacock patches) , patches on the sleeves too. It became very beautiful. Will try to post the photos.
    I buy materials from Radha Silk emporium, Anna Nagar mostly. They have very good collection, mostly unique designs. No repetitions or same coloured ones. Try in their other branches. Recently I saw very soft cotton material there, price was around 1000 rs. There is a discount sale going on and you could get good discount.

2. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hello Varloo,

Welcome here...Nice to know that you stich it by yourself:2thumbsup:...do please post the photo so that we will also get some ideas Bow.

3. Magee

Hi,

Lovely, do share your ideas here...

4. Magee

5. callmeeup

callmeeup New IL'ite

6. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Very nice thread.I used to wear chudi to office. i always liking sarees but i am not able to wear since i used to start from home at 6.50 :;-(.

I am thinking to buy a chudi on aadi sale. Chennai girls please let me know good shop to buy kurthi or cotton chudi with reasonable price. Most of the peoples saying that the cloths wont be good if we buy in aadi sales. is i t???

please share your suggestions regarding this.

7. brb_va

brb_va Gold IL'ite

Dear Magee,

Again a nice thread.. I usually handwash all my salwars myself. I use some gentle wash like surf excel / ezee to wash. For dresses, for which color fades out more, i use salt and soak it for a while and wash it without soap just once. It will retain the color of dresses.

I separate out the colors and wash them, i dont mix colors and wash together. This would ensure whites remain white, and the colors do not get mixed too. I have few salwars, kurtis, skirts and short tops. (My hubby says i have a wardrobe full, but its not the fact). Casuals on fridays and salwars & kurtis on other days.

I feel like shopping everytime i see a dress, unfortunately my DH's stare would make me refrain from buying :)

8. Magee

There wouldn't be any difference in material, if we buy in Aadi, utilise the discount sale.

9. Magee

Hi,

nice tips, keep on sharing.

10. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Which shop is good to buy clothes in aadi sale? friends are said that chennai silks is too worst and seems very old stock. they said ok for pothys. what about yours opinion??

Please share your views whoever staying in chennai.