1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Our daily wear to workplace

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Magee, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

I am now recently become crazy in dresses. please also share yours views too... How many set of dresses you kept for office wear and what is the material you prefer?

I regularly use to wear salwar to workplace, having 15 sets for daily wear 8 cotton and 7 synthetic right now but started to buy atleast one material per month.
    Suggest me how you maintain cotton salwar which we use it for daily wear? and how long will it last for you ?(mine get fades earlier within 5/6 months:bowdown).

Magee

2. swarna1388

swarna1388 Silver IL'ite

HI , I like to wear chudithar.
    I have 3 cotton chudies and 8 synthetic chudies

Same as like you get fades in 5/6 months.

3. Magee

Hi Swarna,

Welcome here... Ya when compared to cotton material , synthetic gives long life. but however the look & comfort which we get in cotton is missing in synthetic.

Magee

4. Magee

Hi Ladies,

Today i am in White and brown combination of cotton salwar and with my newly purchased fast track watch.
    The watch with just big dial and broad black strip.

Hello ladies, do update your costumes, just an encouragement to develop our dressing sense.

Magee

5. Shruvi

Shruvi New IL'ite

Hi,

I have about 14 cotton dresses out of which only 4 looks fresh and new though all are not old than a year. Cotton fades very early and need regular starch to keep them crisp.But I dont feel comfortable in synthetic so cotton only.I do have 3 italian silk material which i think is better option for synthentic

6. nnarmadha

nnarmadha Platinum IL'ite

I am having 8 cotton and synthetic 10. SOme silk kinda materials 5..
    Cotton mxing around 10. Kurtis 20... some more salwars are there but donno material type.

Same prob for cotton for me too. I wont wear cotton regularly. So I try to wear same salwar again after some 40 days only..
    Fridays mostly Kurtis only.

7. Magee

Hi,

Great to know you have more collections, whats your frequency for shopping dear?
    Which are your favourite shopping spot?

Magee

8. nnarmadha

nnarmadha Platinum IL'ite

Last 2 years, i used to buy from one north indian lady .. Sh eused to sell at home..I bought lot from her..almost 20 salwars.. After shiftign from that area, i recently bought some 7 salwars and 4 kurtis in my current area. One enw shop(small one) opened some 6 months before. Initially, it was good , so bought some.
    Definitely not from pothys, chennai silks or RMKV..I dont like collections much there.. SOmetimes from paary's mint street, you can get superb collections.. SOme north indian style models..
    Frquency wise, i cants ay, but whenver i found new collections , will buy imdtly.. I am crazy in dress collections

9. geethaprashanth

geethaprashanth Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I have 17 cotton salwars, I feel really comfortable and it gives better look than synthetic, I perfer for dry clean once in month,

apart from salwars, I have kurthis, jeans........which is also comfortable for office,

10. yasminfathima

yasminfathima Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I have around 40 salwars. mixed of cotton n synthetic n some designer chudis. Its more of cotton.

I used to get cotton chudis from one north indian lady which she used to get from pune.

I will get it from pantheon road or even visit old washermen pet.

I dont like to get dresses from Tnagar unless i find its unique.

I like to do shopping in pantheon road. So that i can get lot of tops to mix and match.

For office i like to prefer cotton dresses of 500 rs range. It will give a pakka prof look.