1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ouch !!! Casting Couch !

Discussion in 'Movies' started by shravs3, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

And your point is ? To fulfill your aspirations to become a star or because you have nowhere to go , just accept those favours ? And because of endorsing views like this , many opt to go that route .

It happens in corporate world too if you want to move up ,albeit less ,compared to film industry . So with your thinking , one should accept favour if one has aspirations because that’s the only way to go . Right ?

shravs3 and GeetaKashyap like this.
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Such as?

Most of the experiences I read about were from actresses or media personalities who put up with the sexual harassment from men holding power over their careers and were coming out with their stories years or decades later.

Laks09 and SunPa like this.
  3. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

4. boby

boby Silver IL'ite

You have clearly misunderstood.I was just replying to the previous post. I was only talking about what leads the girls to do sexual favors and how they are forced to do it. Movie industry is dominated by men. When a girl has aspirations it is taken for granted by these leeches.Why it has become a norm there? My question is exactly that.Unlike movie industry corporate world is not driven by beauty,glamour and luck,here your talent and work speaks for you.Comparing movie industry with corporate is like comparing chalk and cheese.I am only against slut shaming those poor women who have been cornered by these powerful men.I am not endorsing sexual favors on the other hand vehemently oppose it.My question is who are the perpetrators here? Powerful men or Vulnerable women. Ils here talk about walking away with dignity without compromising.May be if each and every woman walks away like that this wouldn't have become the norm.Someone has set a precedence and many are bearing the brunt today.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  5. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

Good sense prevails at last ! The National Human Rights Commission, the country's top human rights body, comes to Sri Reddy's rescue & questions Telangana govt on charging her with obscenity but not acting on her complaints.

The human rights body said this made it look like the action taken against her was "an attempt to muzzle the voice of whistle blower", both by the movie association and the state government.

Besides, it observed that the reported ban on the actress from working in the film industry was "violation of her right to livelihood and live a life with dignity".

6. sgandiva

sgandiva Senior IL'ite

Not sure why you all think this should STOP? Have you heard her voice in the recent interviews with various TV channels? I could easily tell that she has gone through a lot before coming out to public. Ever body knows how female stars are tread but nobody has the courage to speak their mind, for whatever reasons.I like her courage, she has got a lot of support from people across the nation and I am one among them.
    Let's not discourage her act. I hope she will set a trend and make life little easy atleast for the next generation female stars. Kudos for her bravery!!
    This is just my two cents ladies, am not here to judge someone's opinion and expect the same from you all..:)

7. boby

boby Silver IL'ite

Also to prematurely judge someone saying that I endorse sexual favours without reading the entire argument shows a poor thought process.All the best.

8. omnam

omnam Platinum IL'ite

I really dont understand how can you make judgement of my liking towards dusky skin. You have your opinion. Certainly your one on one counter attack is not good taste. I felt she is cheap seeing her act and there is no change in my opinion. I can name you hundreds of actress with fair skin who I feel are cheap. And few names with dusky skin. But I reserve my list as its not topic of discussion.

Human Rights want some topic to work on. They got this hot topic. For sure men in such organisation will try to exploit her too. Its not easy path.
    As I mentioned earlier she should have saved her dignity by saving all evidence for sexual favors and then complained. Could have taken help from Human Rights commission.
    Its not just with women, men in film industry also give sexual favors.

shravs3 likes this.
  9. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

And the dam broke..

As RGV says, in the last 100 yrs of Indian cinema, few women or even no woman has created the impact that Sri Reddy has to the rights of women against sexual harassment in the Telugu/Indian film industry. With MAA now forced to set up a CASH committee per Vishaka guidelines, demanding representation for native Telugu actors in films to a women's union demanding minimum pay and freedom from sexual exploitation - these are giant steps for any film industry. I hope this motivates female actors in other languages to set up similar welfare mechanisms in their respective industries. This is a win for women across all functions (AD/Make up/actress/gofer) right from extra to superstar.

Edit : for those who found the demand for native Telugu representation funny, please look up the words Inclusion Rider, something that even Frances McDormand refered to in her Oscar speech. Inclusion rider is a clause that a several A-list Hollywood actors are now demanding in their contracts to ensure diversity in casting. This demand is not that different from what is being expected by telugu artists. Clearly no laughing matter !

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Mistt likes this.
  10. Aarushi8411

Aarushi8411 New IL'ite