1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ouch !!! Casting Couch !

Discussion in 'Movies' started by shravs3, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Barbie2013

Barbie2013 Silver IL'ite

My opinion about this is :

She is no good to point out others thats true but she changed as approver now. She definetely need to have lot of guts to show her own obscene pics accept her past mistakes. The reason y she did all this is to get roles in movies which she did not get when she followed wrong path. Now atleast she wanted to go through a right path but as per what i understand she is not at all doing this for her livelihood. She has become enemy to many releasing those chats and pics so definetely i cant see any bright future for her. She just released them to ensure secure life for other women who are interested to enter film industry. Also she wanted to take revenge on the people who called her a whore after using her. Not all women can take everything casual. I really liked her guts. Why should she accept their tantrums when not receiving any offers as promised earlier. They broke their promise even after using her and on top of it she was insulted by them and was treated like a slut. She is not expecting support from anyone. She just want to reveal dark side everyone even if it costs her quitting the film indsutry

dnormx01 and shravs3 like this.
  2. boby

boby Silver IL'ite

Wow..Amazingly put.When all these women here spoke about choosing some other careers rather than losing dignity you addressed the real problems. Kudos to you.Wish all women think like you.Who bothers about all those narcissistic and chauvinist men.

dnormx01 likes this.
  3. boby

boby Silver IL'ite

So you are saying that this should be the norm and it has to be followed? I understand that Srireddy is no martyr and has personal motivation but that shouldn't divert us from the existing problems of nepotism and casting couch.You have an aspiration and you need a chance to prove yourself, but wherever you go if you are asked for sexual favours in return,you have no where to go.Will you give up your dreams to be a Star and return to normal life or tolerate these early nuisance till you get success?

dnormx01 likes this.
  4. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

I dont know about that actress but this reminded me of pink movie. Girls have to first prove their dignity before complaining about any wrong. If she is physically involved with 10 men by her own choice then she cant ccomplaint about 11th man who put his force on her. What is the dignity of those men no one cares.

shravs3, SunPa and madras2018 like this.
  5. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

I don't understand what do you want to convey? I watched "Pink " movie and I really liked that movie because of how it showed the right of woman in saying NO . You are judging both men and women differently. Pity !
    Regarding Sri Reddy , what she is telling is true and she did sexual favours for them to get film offers. Just think, if she had got the opportunities the beginning itself without doing sexual favours she hadn't risen this issue. Her accusation is they used her but didn't give offers. It is kind of barter system she has given what they want but she hadn't get what she want. So she has right to fight against casting couch .
    Kudos to her guts on revealing big names of Tollywood and my sympathies to her. Hope she will get justice .

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    dnormx01 and shravs3 like this.
  6. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

rightly said. Her complexion is not milky white like Sunny Leon, her figure is not doll like Tamannaah, so how dare she strips and shows her ugly figure and color in public, so let us stone her seems to be the attitude of majority and unfortunately many of the ILs here too. She deserves to be heard irrespective of the mode she took it to public. Her landlord asking her to vacate apt. is the way society wants to ostracize her. Atleast forward thinking ladies here,if not support her, atleast should not ostracize her.

dnormx01 and madras2018 like this.
  7. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Did I ever mentioned tat I’m against Sri Reddy ?? Wen she is so bold to take such a move I’m sure such things are going behind the screens . But the thing is she is the one who is going to be badly impacted ! She may be trying to save other gals from tat trap. But do you think anyone atleast majority of her family , friends circle will accept her from now on for all the recent things ?? Do you feel she gets a broad minded guy if at all she wants to get married ???

She should have done it in other way ..

PS : Somewhere it’s mentioned tat she has a boyfriend .. Wat if he ignores to stay in a relationship from now especially when the whole media and the world saw?
    She also belongs to a traditional family .
    Will she be safe from all the predators ??

There is a proverb

“More the hurry, more the obstacles.”
    Welsh Proverb

8. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

She probably looks "cheap" to you because she is poor. And she is so cos she doesnt have work. And that is because the men she obliged have not kept their word on giving her work. Money can buy good looks, grooming and even class. It can even buy acting abilities if one used the income to pay for acting classes. To me she looks like a normal, dusky south Indian woman.

But what does her appearance have anything to do with the legitamacy of her experience ? Are you saying that only goodlooking women &/or hollywood types who narrate #metoo tales in a luxury home with well coiffed hair appear convincing ?

Sri Reddy has a point - cinema is an audio visual medium and it is a crying shame that most telugu and tamil movie heroines cannot speak the language fluently. Due to narrow ideas of beauty perpetuated by media, these so called actresses are selected not so much for their acting brilliance or dialogue delivery but for their fair skin. That should explain why there is a disproportionate representation of Punjabi & Sindhi women rather than Rajasthani, Bengali or Tamilian women in the Tamil/Telugu movie business.

9. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Her TRP has definitely gone up. To understand her better, I watched a dozen of her videos.

Jab chidiyan ne chugh khet liya, tab pachtatave kya hovat hai? " (What is the use of regretting after the birds have eaten away the harvested grains?)
    I have expressed what I felt and you have the same freedom to do so. Btw, how do you intend to stop exploitation and nepotism in the Telugu film industry and also show your solidarity to her cause? All the best.

Are you asking or telling? This is a democratic world, do whatever suits you. When you play with fire, be prepared for the burns. Fire is too strong to get burned and slim are one's capacity to extinguish. It is an organised syndicate out there; everybody is everybody's somebody!

One has to pick n choose one's battles. She is no babe lost in the woods; wait and watch her moves. She has the grit and guts to make her millions. As a scorned woman she is going berserk and trying for a last chance.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    nandinimithun, Sunburst and shravs3 like this.
  10. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

Please ! There are better ways to come out in public and bring forth this #Metoo campaign. Stripping in public , declaring it all over news in advance so some lechers can come and record her stripping act is counter defeating the whole purpose . She could have educated all other film aspirants about casting couch reality or taken vengeance against her abusers by sharing her story, showing evidence but how does stripping solve this casting couch problem ? Just naming all the bigwigs with proper evidence in public would have garnered enough attention for authorities then why stoop to something so low ? Whether the abusers will ever pay for their crime or will things change , that’s doubtful considering how patriarchal the society is but definitely stripping isn’t going to change anything . Even with all this drama , it’s not like those big shots are quaking in their boots.

Most of the aam janta are having a field day with her vidoes than having any sympathy now .