1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ouch !!! Casting Couch !

Discussion in 'Movies' started by shravs3, Apr 10, 2018.

1. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Casting couch - Casting only if sexual favours are fulfilled !!

Recently there is a lady , Sri Reddy who is supposedly an actress in Tollywood (Telugu Film industry ) making lot of news everywhere !
    From past one month or so she is giving so many interviews in various news channels claiming she was a victim of casting couch in Tollywood by famous producers , directors , actors etc !
    She said tat she has proofs for it and inspite of agreeing their demands she has got no great offers in her hand !

Today I saw a shocking video were she stripped her self in public in front of the film chamber demanding why are localites not considered for Heroin roles and why only people from other states are considered most ! Why can’t Tollywood consider local talent too !

Whatever points she raised is valid but the way she did is totally not right ! There are many ways to present !
    But getting stripped herself publicly !!
    Was so shocked to see! And all these media people surrounded her and one even tried to cover her with dupatta !

She was demanding justice and protection for women ! Inspite of doing favours they are not considering her !

After this she was banned from entering Tollywood !
    And after tat incident her owner asked her to vacate the house immediately !

I don’t think no woman would be so bold to do it without proofs !
    But she should have done it differently !

Some were even telling tat she did all this for publicity stunt ! God knows !!

Whatever it is there should be strict action in protecting women everywhere ! Not just in movie industry but everywhere !

I seriously feel government is not taking strict measures regarding sexual abuse !

Even after Nirbhaya there are almost daily one case or the other !

This has to STOP !! But when ! How !
    Time should answer !

2. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

While I accept that women are badly treated ,I wonder why this lady desperately chose film industry when she had to do many sexual favours.Is there no other place where she can do decent job and make a living?

Why blame the men when are there many women silently doing this? even now not many women from film industry spoke in her favour.It seems she is fighting alone.So it's clear that the other women for some reason are not as disgusted as her.So why even fight for this instead of quitting the so called dirty industry?

For the industry to change either women should come in large numbers and give complaint or women should quit this career and enter into other fields for decent living.With less demand filmmakers may make less of such sexual demands.

VinuthaS, Sunburst and shravs3 like this.
  3. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Ya they were very few supporters but they suggested her to do it in right manner and not like this shamelessly!

4. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Stripping in public to protest against the casting couch beats the whole purpose of what she wanted to convey. File a complaint or let the press know about the producer/ director . She could have definitely done this with her clothes on.

5. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Casting couch has existed in the film industry since times immemorial. Sri Reddy's grouse is, even after making her investment, the industry men didn't keep their promises. What she has achieved now is instant nationwide publicity. :number_one: Ram Gopal Verma has already spoken in her favour. It is now a matter of time before industry people looking for free publicity will speak in her support and she may now get offers from Hindi/ Bhojpuri films! And 'Big Boss' is always looking out for such controversial characters; there she gets both the fame and money...What she couldn't achieve in all these years will be achieved in just one year.;):banana::banana::banana: Right move before her leftover youth fades away:thumbup:

Tell me how many of you knew about her before this event?:tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink:Girls don't rake your brains on the political correctness:confundio1::thinking::thinking::thinking: This is street smartness, in true filmi ishtyle. :nut::nut::nut:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    anu1215, MonikaSG, Sandycandy and 5 others like this.
  6. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Tats wat I was wondering too !!

Haha so true !!! Frankly speaking I have never heard of her before !! Infact I was surprised tat she even acted in 2 movies !! Only from past one month she is on full bang!!!

7. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

Casting couch is a 2 way street . No one puts a gun on their head to give in . There are many other jobs outside that one can do . The pay will be less with no name and fame but anything that comes with dignity is much more valuable than without it . Even men in this industry are not spared so imagine what women must be going through .

Film industry is a very closed industry and unless you are a kapoor or khan , its very hard to break in . There are few outsiders like Vidya balan and KR ( with her own casting couch struggles ) who still made it big but it’s a rare stroke of luck . For an actress, the shelf life is very short so some will find shortcuts to get there . Some leave everything behind and move to bigger cities , pay high rent and to hang around in that social circle you need a lot of money .

I didn’t know who this lady is but now thanks to her viral news , she got her 2 mins of fame . In her case , she was willingly circulating her pics and videos in exchange of favors and now the grapes are sour when she didn’t get any . She is making a mockery of herself by stripping publicly . How does that solve the problem which is so deeply entrenched in this industry ?

Sexual exploitation can happen even in the corporate world but one has to know their worth and be strong enough to say NO! You may lose out on some promotions but you are guaranteed to have a good night sleep .

omnam, MonikaSG, Sandycandy and 3 others like this.
  8. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Exactly @Sunburst !! It’s two sided !! Due to competition , financial pressures there are many who undergo such things !! Ya it exists everywhere !

Sunburst likes this.
  9. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Oi, @shravs3! Kitna exclamation points! There are so many other punctuation marks!! Try some of them once in while, na! Now don't be offended! I'm just pulling your leg!! Do carry on!!!!!

10. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Ohhhhh !!!!! I noticed it now !!!!!!!! I have tried “,” naaaa !!! Chill Maadi !!! Thanks for noticing . Without my knowledge I’m using it too much I think ??:sconf:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    Sandycandy likes this.