1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oscillation

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Smt. Jayasala:

Thank you for sharing your personal experience with your mother. But now she is in a place where she is fully aware of your happy married life.

Viswa

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viswa uncle,

Thank you so much for this wonderful article. I am awestruck with this content. One of the interpretations of Bhagavad Gita says that lust, greed, and anger are the causes for the misery. Now, I can see these qualities can be easily classified under the outcomes of Attraction and Repulsion.

I always wondered how to live in this world detached while you are attached to many. I understand, as you all said, we need to have a neutral mind. I wonder becoming mindful brings the state of neutrality between attraction and repulsion? Uncle, you made me think and I am speechless.

Vani

Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. Viswamitra

My Dear Vani,

Thank you for your wonderful response. Our whole life revolves around how our mind celebrate and withdraw. Therefore, understanding our own mind is more important than understanding people around us. Like I said earlier, ignorance is the root cause of all our sufferings. Staying above the pull and push of the mind is the key to our gaining knowledge. The mind is quick to categorize things as black or white. Its emotions and impulses considerably influence it to categorize things for us. Fear and anger are hidden in every attraction and repulsion. The mind is like a guest in a wedding where the bride's family thinks he is a VIP invited by groom and vice versa.

The best way to learn to achieve peace is to hold everything like a custodian including the family, friends and possessions, work on ceiling of desires, watch the mind's theories and conspiracies unaffected by them, focus on remaining in the present moment and strive to achieve happiness consistently.

Viswa

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  4. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@Viswamitra Sir,

:worship2:Thank you for this wonderful thread analysing such deep thoughts in seemingly simple words. I need to read it again and again to grasp all the excellent thoughts presented here by @jayasala42 mam, @Gauri03, @Cheeniya Sir and you. Thanks once again.

Thyagarajan, Gauri03 and Viswamitra like this.
  5. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

My Dear Uncle,
    Thank you for this guidance. Last two days my mind goes crazy thinking about something coming up on the weekend 26th. My mind thinks about various scenarios and I am getting paranoid. I very well know, it's nothing to do with anyone except it is my dilemma. I am trying my best calm down my self but it is a very very slow process. I even wrote down what would make me upset and root cause of that. My strong attachments win over that analysis and making me lose the peace. This quote of yours showing me the way forward. Thank you uncle.
    Love
    Vani

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  6. Viswamitra

Dear Smt. GeetaKashyap:

I am deeply humbled by your kind words. As I mentioned to Cheeniya Sir, this snippet is nothing but regurgitation of what was said by the learned people as interpretation of the Scriptures. Like you said, I got very excited to read the responses of everyone here. Each one of them made so much contribution for me to learn something whether they are younger or older than me. This interactions make me a better person everyday.

Viswa

Thyagarajan and GeetaKashyap like this.
  7. Viswamitra

My Dear Vani,

The only thing that is in your control is your own reaction to a situation. Work on reducing that reaction time as much as possible. Remind you that not even a blade of grass could move without the will of God. Everything happens for a reason. That develops acceptance of what happens around you and develop a gratitude for what you are blessed with.

I have written the following in the Mind over Matter -Meditation Club and I am repeating it here for your benefit.

I have one long-term solution and one short-term solution to reduce the rumination period to get out of negative reactions. I know it works for me because of certain negative qualities I have, that I need to get rid of. But I am not sure whether it would for everyone.

The long-term solution is called "ACE"

A
    cceptance - I just accept the situation as is as something I am destined to face for a reason that is unknown.
    Cooperation - I do everything to rationalize what was said or did quickly so that I can overcome the strain of facing negative reaction for long.
    Envision - After rationalizing, I feel the future possibilities or visualize how the lessons learned would let me grow and develop

The short-term solution is called "SCALE"

S
    ensitivity - Watch my level of sensitivity on each such occasion
    Castigation - Watch my own castigation in an argument that bites me
    Analysis - Watch how much I think what was said or did
    Listening/Learning - Watch how much I listened/learned
    Energy - Watch how much energy is used up to such negative reactions

Exercising, walking, running, watching nature, serving someone with love, playing with a baby or pet, etc. are extremely helpful to overcome the negative reactions.

Viswa

Thyagarajan and girvani like this.
  8. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Thank you so much for this wonderful techniques. I have started following that. Thank you so much uncle.

Vani

Viswamitra likes this.
  9. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Very nice analysis.
    2. In case of coma or comatose condition does mind exists.
    Thanks and regards.

Viswamitra likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

Dear Thyagarajan Sir,

Thank you for highlighting the sentence you found critical to the whole snippet. I understand the mnd takes longer even after death to shut down with appropriate encryption.

Thyagarajan likes this.