Organic Vs Non Organic Foods? Hyped Or Not?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Jan 28, 2020.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Which do you buy?

I myself buy a mix of organic and non organic products.Diary and eggs are definitely organic.

I keep getting confused coz due to rampant raise in breast cancer,girl kids attaining age sooner than expected etc..

I cook a lot at home,try to give healthy food to family..

Just wanted your opinions..

Which brand of organic products do you guys use?

With American I use nature’s promise,sargento cheese,horizon and Kerry gold.

With Indian it is 24 hour mantra.

Are organic products hyped or worth?

Mehana, Sunshine04 and KashmirFlower like this.

2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Madam sister I think labels can never be organic.
    In India labels of Fssai is not proof of pudding quality. We have standard water cans supplied with inner necks slimy. Snacks packed with fssai label printed but date of expiry never printed or rubber stamped. The proof of pudding is in eating certainly not based on labels of any kind.
    Thanks and Regards.

shravs3 and anika987 like this.
  4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I tell you with my experience. These labelled foods can never be 100% organic.
    These giant businesses offer facilities and training to the farmers to produce organic foods. Farmers maintain their standards till they receive the certification. After that, no one frequently checks whether their product is purely organic or not.
    These branded businesses have systems only to random check the quality, and they are mostly OK with whatever the farmers supply.

Farmers can cheat. They can apply chemicals, and many other non-organic materials during the process. Because going organic is a risky business.

Eg: There is a organic poultry farm in Sri Lanka, which supplies organic eggs all over the world.
    Technically they are not suppose to feed any artificial food to their hens, but practically with all the diseases spreading through, no farmers were ready to take complete risk. They feed artificial food in between, put the chicks on antibiotics. But they know when to do it, and how to do it to pass the screening.
    And there are lot of business going on with regards to labeling, putting expiry dates etc...

What is organic is, what you plant/grow in your home garden, or what you could buy from local suppliers directly (not through any labelled middle men)
    Unfortunately you dont have that luxury in the US.

anika987 and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. vincent1MM

vincent1MM New IL'ite

I do prefer only organic food, cause I heard a lot of problems can happen if you will eat not organic one.

anika987 likes this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

But in USA we do have the farmers markets,local food supplies too but it is costly.

Rihana and shravs3 like this.
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Even I try my best to go organic..
    However..my daughter’s pediatrician has a different view of organic and non organic foods and that confuses.

All we can do is try and do our best

8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Even celebrities who can afford are not spared from cancers and other ailments..

Which makes one not believe in organic but at the same time..is it worth the risk?

shravs3 likes this.
  9. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

There is something called farmers market where the farmers themselves sell the fresh produce.

anika987 and SGBV like this.
  10. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Thats great. dint know about it earlier, my apologize. Not sure whether you could get all the veggies, fruits, meat and dairy from the farmers there.