1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Opportunity for H4 visa holders

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by anitha.ksamy, Jul 14, 2008.

1. geeti

geeti Senior IL'ite

Don't worry.. they will contact you once they have a vacancy. Just touch base with them once a week to know the current status. The ppl working in the embassy work exactly like a govt office in India. Give them importance and they will give you job!!:cheers

geetika

2. blossomgreen

blossomgreen New IL'ite

Hi Amrita..I have recently moved to US (Atlanta) with H4 :). Just went through your post regarding opportunity for h4.
    Did you find anything or filed petition for H1?

Before coming here, I was well prepared that I am going to have hell bored life here as the kind of life in India was quite busy and we . Its been 3 weeks here. I am trying to get my networking strong by joining several forums (Indian communities) and meeting people in my society. These communities are very active here. I don't know about your area. Just google it out. I found 1 useful link : Do something, Learn something, Share something, Change something - Meetup. You can join groups of your interest near to your home.
    Do let me know if you get to know any online jobs for IT people and yes ofcourse which H4 people can do :)

Stay Blessed:)

3. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

This whole working for the embassy thing sounds shady and illegal. If you are on a H4, you cannot work, period. Thats why you dont get a SSN because there will be income to report against your name. Getting a fixed "tax-free" income is then most definitely illegal.

I would strongly recommend against this. US has rule of law unlike India, where one can bribe out of any trouble. Here if you get caught, you will face consequences (Fine, Jail time, deportation) Please dont take this lightly.

The only realistic way out, as some sensible posters have suggested is - convert to F1, do a Masters degree and using that get a EAD or H1 for further work.

Please dont jeopardize your DH's career and your stay in US by resorting to these illegal methods.

1 person likes this.
  4. ssrichandra

ssrichandra New IL'ite

Hi Geetika,

If possible plz let me know the email id to which I can send my CV and contact the embassy.

Regards,
    Sri Chandra

5. geeti

geeti Senior IL'ite

Hey,

Its been a very long time now i don't rem the email id. You can call up the embassy and ask them where to send your CV, they ll give you an email id. Since the working style is typical government style so keep on calling them every week :). Hope this helps. Good luck!!

Cheers
    Geetika

6. ssrichandra

ssrichandra New IL'ite

Hello Geetika,

Thanks for the response.

Regards,
    Sri Chandra

7. priyaindusladie

priyaindusladie Senior IL'ite

Hi Anitha ,
    This is definitely a pretty late response for your post. But I think this idea your friend was doing was so cool. I don't think most consultant companies will not go for it. If you know consultants who will allow volunteering of technical persons , kindly share to me.

thanks

8. capriash

capriash New IL'ite

Hey anithka,

can you provide me more details regarding it.

Thanks

9. bhatiarandeep

bhatiarandeep New IL'ite

Hello
    I am new in US and live in tampa,florida.
    Here culture is very different i feel so boring sitting st home.I am h4 holder can i work in US ?
    I am bcom graduate.I heard about working in Indian embassy is there any oppurtinity in tampa . Plz can u provide me more details abt it. I want to do something instead of sitting at home.

10. neo2012

neo2012 New IL'ite

Hi Geeti,
    My name is Mithil and my wife is on H4 as well. I live in San Francisco, CA. Can you tell me how did you contact the Indian Embassy? Do they have any particular requirement?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2012