1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Opportunity for H4 visa holders

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by anitha.ksamy, Jul 14, 2008.

1. shrmaruchi

shrmaruchi New IL'ite

Grt.. So after how many days you received the response. pls let me know on which mail id they responded...

2. kavithasakthi

kavithasakthi Senior IL'ite

Hi friend

could you give the mail id so that it will helpful for me too.

regards
    kavi

3. kumari28

kumari28 New IL'ite

Hi Anitha,
    can u send me more details on this.
    Previously i was worked for satyam.Now im on h4 visa.Im searching for work from home jobs also.But u know as h4 no jobs ...so if u have any ideas please help on this.

4. satmini

satmini New IL'ite

Hi anitha

I live in Marlborough , MA and when I searched the indian embassy is only in Newyork. I want to know if the jobs they provide only working in that location or have you come across any freelance options. Also I find so may email ids. Is there any specific department you mailed? From the list how did you know which one to mail or call?

BTW- You have shared a very valuable info.

5. sandhyanair

sandhyanair New IL'ite

Thanks Geetika for such an important information...i am gonna start looking for jobs in embassy in houston..again thanks..please let me know if any updates..

6. pri123456

pri123456 New IL'ite

Hi Ruchi

Could u send the mail id to contact them .BTW did they reply you?

Thanks
    Pri

7. Nithu03

Nithu03 New IL'ite

Hi Anitha,

I am currently On H4 but I do have a valid H1 and not finding any job right now. Could you please give me some info abt it, it would be really helpful

8. vasini

vasini New IL'ite

Hi Geetika
    I am also on H4 searching for opportunities and came across your post long time back. I tried calling Indian embassy tere's no reply. sent a mail and waiting for reply.
    Can you please throw some light on ow you contacted, whats their approach, did u mention your visa status etc....

Thanks you so much
    Vasini

9. reshmiasish

reshmiasish New IL'ite

hey friends,

i am also on same boat.. H4.. i also tried getting sponsorship. but no luck!!
    after reading dis post, i mailed Indian embassy in Houston stating same(i resides in Houston). But i havent received any reply or anythng. Did anyone got response?

10. amrita16soni

amrita16soni New IL'ite

Hi All,
    I was interested in this thread to go through bcoz i m also a person holding H4. And , going through same situation like all others.
    I am new in US and I searched out some of the options to start a work in US bcoz sitting at home is like hell for me and it gets worst if you hve professional degree with some work exp as well.
    The very first thread by "Anitha" is gud option to hve some work exp. but I think if you are on H4 you cannot do volunteership even.
    But you know if your luck is not wid u , anything could happen to you and the primary person as well bcoz H4 are dependents, right!!!!!
    I tried a lot for volunteership/non-profit jobs, but when I say i m on H4 nobody replies me bck.
    I am in st.louis( missouri) and here the opportunities for IT people is less.
    If anybody is there who could give me some information about OPT/CPT or any recruting companies list that would be helpful for me.

Anitha could you plz tell me more details about that and the risk factors into that.

I want to try each and every way, to get job here.