1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Opportunity for H4 visa holders

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by anitha.ksamy, Jul 14, 2008.

1. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Wow...thats cool..

Is there a Indian embassy in Lansing?

Thanks,
    Pandu

2. geeti

geeti Senior IL'ite

Pandu,

I don't know if there is one in your area.. you can probably google it or find out with your friends!!

Ciao
    Geetika

3. Pinali

Pinali New IL'ite

Hi Geetika,

Can you please share on how to find a job with Indian Embassy ? I mean did directly calling them works? I live 30 miles from NYC . I just googled out that there is an office of Consulate general of India in NYC somewhere on 64th street. Will it be working the same way as Indian embassy in W-DC ?

I am on h4 currently and would love to do some job possible on with H4 status here.
    Many thanks in advance :hatsoff
    -Pinali

4. geeti

geeti Senior IL'ite

Pinali,

You can call them and ask them where to send your resume. You can also physically go there and drop your resume. The working is the same as in DC and moreover you feel at home as there are all Indians working there :).

p.s. Keep calling them every week so that they take you seriously. :thumbsup

ATB!! I'm so jealous of you , you ll be working in NCY!! wow!! I ve a 8 month old so had to leave the job but now I ve a bigger job to take care of!!:cheers GOOD LUck!! Enjoy!!

Ciao
    Geetika:cheers

5. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Hi Geetika,

Thanks for your reply.

I checked but the Consulate general of India is in Chicago, it is very far.
    So I need to look for somethingelse now.

Thanks,
    Pandu

6. Priyasha

Priyasha New IL'ite

Hi All,

Yes, thats right.. working in Indian embassy is a good opportunity, even in SFO they take people who are currently on H4 visa.... I did get an opportunity to work there sometime back but I decided to go ahead and pursue my MS so dropped the idea of joining them, in case anyone is interested in working there..they can call the office directly and check with them if they still have the job opportunity.

Good Luck :)

Priyasha

7. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

very useful info to me....
    has anyone done any such kind of job in indian embassy? i am in NYC and i know where the embassy is(pretty closeto where we live) ... i would love to try oppurtunities there....
    request inputs from those who have worked there/have any such info?

how do i contact them?

-neha S

8. baranwalpurnima

baranwalpurnima New IL'ite

Hi Geeti, how did you work without work visa. Didnt they ask for work visa while employing you? I think it was not legal, right?

Purnima

quote=geeti;707698]Hey girls,

I am also on H4 visa and I was working for the Indian Embassy in Washington DC. There is no paper work and they also pay you like 1000$ a month. The job is basically admin related. You can call them and ask for upcoming job opportunities. I was bored to death so I didn mind working there. :)

At the end of the day you get to earn your own money as well as roam arnd DC!!:cheers

Ciao
    Geetika
    [/quote]

9. geeti

geeti Senior IL'ite

Purnima,

Yeah it is illegal , but I guess nobody question diplomats..:)moreover its just admin kinda work.. I dont know how they make it possible but nobody gets caught.. :thumbsup.. You can even ask them to process a diplomat visa for you..

ciao
    Geetika

10. chitmin

chitmin Gold IL'ite

Could it be because the Embassy is often under the governance of the parent country (i.e., the Indian Embassy is under the Government of India and is not a US entity). I think it was in some film (Da Vinci Code?) that the protagonists who are US citizens head to the US Embassy for cover...Could this have something to do with the ability to volunteer/work and get paid at the Indian Embassy? I'm just wondering if anyone knows...