1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Open-toed Sandals on the Streets, Subways

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by zipzipzoomzoom, Jul 8, 2011.

1. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

Ok...

Why Oh Why do ladies insist on wearing open-toes sandals on the streets and the subways?

I admit, I used to be guilty of this fashion-health faux-pax, but now, I wear closed-toe shoes with socks.

Why?

No one wants to see your toes. No one. Ewwww!!!!!! Perhaps sandals would go well with saris, that's why women who wear saris also wear toe-rings.

The fashion comes together.

But open-toe sandals with anything else? Then traveling in the dirty subways? Have you heard of toe fungus? Ever hear of getting your toes run over by someone? By God!

Why Oh Why Oh Why?

I feel like asking this to someone I see wearing open-toed sandals.

Ok, I can understand if you are at the beach, because you want to protect your feet, and don't want sand in your socks and shoes.

And since I'm on a roll :rotfl:rotfl

High Heels

Why Oh Why???

And on the Streets and Subways.

I used to be guilty of this fashion-health faux-pax. They are uncomfortable. You can trip over yourself.

I read an article on the Wall Street Journal about women's high heels, and the MEN commented that high heels are ridiculous, they don't care about shoes ladies wear, and I could have sworn I saw I comment that by a man who says the only reason he looks at the shoes a lady is wearing is to see how sensible she is.

What sensible person will wear high high heels while running down the stairs for a train??? You ain't impressing the men, only the males...

God! I wanted to get this off my chest, thank you for reading!

2. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

Ha ha!! And since we're on a roll... let's add women with "bat-wings" wearing tank tops, and then letting everything inside show on the outside with the said tank-top in the name of "summer", IYKWIM. Oh well since we're in a fashion police-ish mood, may I also add "white sneakers" anywhere outside the gym or running trail?

I'm guilty of the heels though, I usually wear 2-3" closed toe pumps, booties, or oxfords. I found not all of them are uncomfortable (why people even make the pointy-toe shoes is beyond me though!) I'm taller than average and love my flats just as much as heels, but not all flats are healthy either. Whatever the heel, I think one has to work out what works for your feet in terms of your arches and foot shape. I know some of the flats I own are outright painful because they've no arch support whatsoever, while I can walk miles in my Miz Mooz/Clarks/Dansko heels.

3. zipzipzoomzoom

So, so true....

Reminds me of pointy hats that witches and warlocks wear....

4. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai Z,

Confortability depends on the individual. Too muchof high heels very bad for our foot. Open shoes will not affect the foot. If we clean and keep our foot nothing will harm our foot. Impressing the man not that we have to wear highheels and run so many other reasons are there to win the heart of the male my dear IL.

5. zipzipzoomzoom

Yes, health before fashion!