1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oops!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Apr 25, 2012.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

I boarded the train that day at the usual time and was happy to see a seat vacant. I quickly went and sat there. The urgency that we show to find and settle down in a seat is noteworthy. "If only I were that quick to operate on other pressing issues of life...", I mulled over a bit, only after sitting down. Then I took my mobile phone.

Gone are those days when you see whats happening around you and look through the windows or read a book while travelling. Now I am tied to my mobile and switched to a game. I noticed my immediate next one too, busy with his mobile. I looked at the brand and model. It was definitely newer and costlier. I was jealous, but quickly concentrated on the game. I knew how to play it in the last few days. It was quite easy in the initial levels with a load of bonus points, but got tougher and tougher at higher levels. And you are granted an extra life if you cross 100,000 points, which is a mirage to me tilldate.

I concentrated on the game now. As each new level came, with the same time limit to complete it, I wondered whether the person who developed this game was a sadist. "Ok, let me concentrate!", I said to myself and was completely focused on it. "Wow! Finished that level under 90 seconds? Thats magnificent!", I credited the effort. There is nothing wrong in giving credit where it is deserved, you see? And then I saw the score. My heart skipped a beat. It was level 12 and the score read 96750. "Will I be seeing something that I never saw before?" - I was getting nervous.

And that level was more trickier. There were 15 seconds left and one more hurdle to cross. The score was already 98700. If only the level was completed, there will be a bonus of 5000 points as well. With a racing pulse, I saw the screen and wondered how the last hurdle could be solved within time, as the train slowed down to a station.

That heartless stranger clicked the red button in his mobile and went.

p.s. I was observing him playing the game in his mobile.

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

I'm like :rotfl:rotfleven before i came to last green line becasue it has dose of humor but not because i guessed the twist.

Lovely story RGS.

and liked very much the

and your twist is too good. I thought Your station has come. But its heartless stranger.

By anyway are you referring our IL Strangerrr as heartless

(@ RGS - just kidding..
    @Strangerrr - Pl take it on a lighter note)

3. rgsrinivasan

Well. Made me laugh with your first FB Pallavi. Thanks a lot. And I am not referrring to this "strangerrr" here, though I may love to, someday. Thanks. -rgs

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear RGS,

A good message as to how much game addiction has taken over making the main purpose sidelined. We should view the games as a pass time and not take it so seriously.

Viswa

5. rgsrinivasan

Very correct Sir. But there are things that we need to learn to avoid, after experiencing the ill effects of it. Right? Thanks for your appreciation. -rgs

6. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I get that totally rgs!! I too was hooked on to a few games on the initial days of my iphone, but i am over them now, it is good to experience the madness of it all once at least to know how much better we can do with the time spent on it.... just my prospective:)

Akila

7. rgsrinivasan

Mine too Akila! Only that still I am yet to shy away from them. :) Thanks for your feedback. -rgs