1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Online Shopping In India With Us Credit Card

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by mangaii, May 23, 2018.

1. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Hi ,
    I would like to order some dresses from Indian E-commerce website . Is it ok to use US credit card ?
    Thanks,
    Mangai

2. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

Hi! Yes, most sites accept if your card is VISA/Mastercard..

mangaii likes this.
  3. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Dear OP, it shd be ok to use US credit card. Depending on the card you are using, there may be a foreign transaction fee over & above the foreign currency to INR converted amount. Check your cr card by calling bankers or google it for foreign transaction fee. I know chase platinum & some other cards specifically designed to be used internationally don’t bear a foreign transaction fee.
    Do you happen to have one the net banking Indian a/cs? If you have one, that may be better & more secure.

mangaii likes this.
  4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Yes, its fine. Your card provider may flag the purchase for unusual activity but that can be resolved easily.

5. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Yes. you can.

To avoid foreign transaction fee you have to use credit cards designed to be used internationally like chase credit card ( Amazon partners ) or other cards for international use like bank of america travel rewards visa card. I never had problem using those visa cards. I think you can use this card from USA without any problem. But if you are in India or any other place, just call your credit card agency and inform them in advance that you are on travel during that period. I do it whenever I visit India or other countries. This is to avoid blocking due to unusual activity. If they do it you wont be able use it further during that period. It is easy to sort it out later, but better if you let them know it in advance so that you can avoid these issues.

mangaii likes this.
  6. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Thanks everyone . I will probably use my visa card.
    @Naari I have an account in India but I use online banking and the card is not active since I have not used it for last few years.

Wanita likes this.