1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Online purchase of gold and daimond jewellery is safe or not

Discussion in 'Jewelry & Accessories' started by shivani29, Feb 18, 2015.

1. shivani29

shivani29 New IL'ite

Want to buy jewellery for my sister's wedding. I am thinking of buying online as there are thousands of options to choose from. I want to know, buying jewellery on internet is a safe option (in terms of product quality and price) or I should go directly go to a jewellery shop.

Please recommend a online jewellery shopping website on the basis of your personal experience.

2. Sivasakthigopi

Sivasakthigopi Gold IL'ite

Hi,

It is good to visit and purchase gold is better way. We can check hall mark, weight, compare more designs, will buy in present rate, etc.,
    But in Online we can have only few items which are costly! But same we can buy in our range based on weight!

3. shivani29

shivani29 New IL'ite

Hi Sivasakthigopi, you are quite right, we can check everything at jewellery shop. But after researching a lot on internet, I found that major online jewellery shopping sites like bluestone, caratlane and jewelsify are all offering try at home services, with the last one you can even choose 5 products to try at home. This (try and then pay) is great for a consumer like me, what do you have to say?

4. Sahana1

Sahana1 New IL'ite

Hi @Shivani29
    Welcome to IndusLadies
    Sorry for the late reply
    Going to the shop to buy jewllery is better than shopping in some unknown site
    But you can shop in some well known site like Malabar Gold and diamonds Online Jewellery Shopping | Buy Gold, Diamond & Platinum Jewellery
    All the best for your sister's marrage
    Hope this help you
    Regards,
    Sahana

5. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Although conservative idea, I would suggest to go to a shop and buy.no risks

6. shivani29

shivani29 New IL'ite

Thanks @Sahana1 and @preethiitech for your valuable suggestions.

7. SujathaR

SujathaR Gold IL'ite

I would be more comfortable buyin dresses and other stuffs online. But when it comes to jewels and that too such costly jewels, I will not. I suggest you to go to a shop and buy it.

8. Daenerys

Daenerys Senior IL'ite

I bought some diamonds from Blue nile. They give a 100 percent guarantee and is a very well known online store. Try to choose a well established store which has a good return policy.
    But in my opinion, jewelry is something which stays with us for a really long time. You have to see it sparkle in front of your eyes before you buy it :)

9. mariajose

mariajose New IL'ite

I always buy jewellery from shop. Clothes, book, mobiles, fahion accessaries can buy online. I would suggest you to go shop.

10. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Hi

I am hesitant even to buy clothes online and jewellery if its precious, I would never go for online shopping, as I need to wear, check out in the mirror a few minutes, if it suits me, only then I would decide to buy. Jewellery is the last thing, I would consider buying online. Thx for the info anyway. Its purely my opinion.