1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Online deal for air purifer (new moms like me would definitely find this useful)

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by sofie, Oct 21, 2014.

1. sofie

sofie New IL'ite

We recently relocated to LA and ever since my little one has been suffering from severe dust allergy which I attribute to the high levels of pollution in the city. We were looking for suitable air purifers for the baby room and came across this online deal on Facebook . Hope you find this useful.

The link to the website Go-Clair | Clair Air Purifiers with e2f technology.
    The website lists $219.99 as the price but using their FB code GOCLAIRTTB you can order it for $199.99 which included free shipping .

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.

2. tannu28

tannu28 New IL'ite

I must admit these purifiers have a good design .I always thought air purifiers are an unnecessary addition and aren't very effective . I owned couple of ionic breeze (ionizers) air purifiers which I got from walmart . I could sense that the air quality was relatively better when I was using them but both stopped working within 6 months . I happened to see an article online which mentioned that air purifiers cannot capture viruses which cause influenza etc which are very very small . They can eliminate just pet dander,pollen etc .I'm very skeptical about using these purifiers .

3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

One good thing about the infrared heaters: many have a switch that you can kill bacteria and viruses when that is on. Kill two birds with one stone.

4. sofie

sofie New IL'ite

Ionic purifiers don't actually get rid of the dust . Most of the dust particles get charged and settle on other objects also to varying degrees, all ionic air purifiers release ozone which is a lung irritant.(Learnt all this while we researched purifiers online ) . You are right I just checked most of the HEPA purifiers capture particles upto 0.3 micron but flu causing virus which is around 0.1 microns but these Clair purifiers can capture particles which are much smaller since it uses some new filter technology which is better than HEPA.

5. sofie

sofie New IL'ite

Infrared heaters are big and cannot be used in the sweltering summers. I think air purifiers are a good investment (to get rid of virus,dust allergy,etc.;).

Found this on wiki --Individuals exposed to large amounts of infrared radiation (like Glass blowers and arc welders) over an extended period of time may develop depigmentation of the iris and opacity of the aqueous humour, so exposure should be moderated.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014