ONLINE COURSE : How to Market and Grow your Home Based Business

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Induslady, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL'ites,

Want to get FREE access to a course on how to promote and grow your home based business? Read on.

Over the years we have seen first hand the efforts of many IL'ites wanting to become independent entrepreneurs.
    We have observed that most IL'ites seem to face a common difficulty : How to promote their products and grow their business.

We feel that it would be immensely beneficial to IL'ites if we offered an online course on how to market and grow your business. We understand that charting out the way ahead can be quite an overwhelming experience.

Where to go sell your products, how to find buyers, how to write the perfect product descriptions that will bring in the sales, how to leverage social media, which marketing tools can spell success are some of the many things we want to teach through this course.

Before we go create this course, we want your input so we can make it a very useful course for you. So, tell us...

... what is it that you find most challenging about running a business?
    ... what would you like to see included in the course?
    ... tell us a bit about your venture.

Vandana is going to be creating this course for us and she will be engaging with you in this thread and incorporating all your input into a high-value course.

To make the quality of this course high, this will be a paid online video course, but very nominally priced. We will pick 5 IL'ites who produce the most insightful feedback in this thread and give this course for free.

So, let's hear it!

2. vani098

vani098 IL Hall of Fame

Hey its a great thread @induslady. It will very help full .

I too wanna keep my own business . but it takes 1 r 2 years more time . but I defnetly wanna know the detail's and learn about the independent business. A single important point also is very helpful for me.

Tq. All the best.

ORGANICWAY likes this.
  3. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Induslady Thanks for creating this thread which is a great help to women entrepreneurs.
    I want to tell a little about our venture in the field of education at basic level .we have published a book for PRE- KG and KG students.This book is with Alphabets,colouring cursive writing and Hand writing with step to step instruction. This is our First Product.

second is an innovative writing tool[slate]made out of high quality polymer with replacable templates.
    Templates include Prewriting skills,multiple languages,cursive writing,numbers and shapes.These were designed by my son and DIL and we have our own publishing company .

One more product is Wi-Fi enabled Tab with contents for CBSE and select State boards and also with animated lessons.This is not our product but we are the dealers.

Funding is the main criteria in our business .we have invested much and if we get financial help from banks the business can be expanded.one more minus point in this business is ,it is a seasonal business and that is the reason Banks are not responding.But we are doing with our own money and running the business .I have given a small summary about our venture.

Most challenging about running a business is Funds for rotation,Marketing talent ,communication skills and must be prompt in supplying goods.This is what i know about running a business .

4. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Display of our Products

Attached Files:

5. Arrul

Arrul Gold IL'ite

Hi

thanks for starting a program like this
    actually I wanted to start a art botique
    i ve showcased many of my work in this site
    really I don't know how to start it
    so this program will be really helpful for me

ORGANICWAY likes this.
  6. DrReva

DrReva New IL'ite

Hello,

Wonderful thread... Women participation in business is very important for a developing country like India. Sadly awareness is yet to reach majority of educated women. I have ventured into preschool education sector solely aiming at educated women to utilise their 6 hours time [9:00 am- 3:00 pm] Mon - Fri owning a profitable recession-free business at very low one-time investment. Even though I have kept the investment low for the potential franchisees ,self doubt and low self confidence are the major hindering factors for potential business partners

ORGANICWAY likes this.
  7. vandanarajesh

vandanarajesh Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vani, Vandana here. Thank you Vani for the interest. What is your area of interest and what business do you plan to start in the future?
    regards

ORGANICWAY likes this.
  8. vandanarajesh

Dear Periamma,
    I am Vandana. Working on the course as mentioned. You really have interesting and innovative products. Yes, like you mentioned financing, marketing and finding your niche customers is a major challenge to any business. Do you actually market your products directly to schools or is it through book dealers and others that you work? Working with schools and other educational institutions and building a network may be a way to eliminate the seasonal angle to your business, thus, making it more interesting to banks and financial institutions to advance the financial support.
    regards

ORGANICWAY likes this.
  9. vandanarajesh

Dear Arrul,
    Thank you for your feedback. You have some beautiful works posted on the forums. Have you learnt art or self-taught? An art boutique is a great idea. Building up works over time would definitely would help in working towards your dream. Have you also tried canvas as a medium for painting(it would give your works a longer life as compared to chart paper). Really looking forward to interacting more.
    regards

10. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vandana
    Good Morning.Thanks for your response.Now we market our products directly to school and we are in search of good dealers.some dealers say the amount will be paid only after the sale of books.we agreed to this condition and supplied a minimum number of books in my home town .In kerala we have one marketing professional .we fixed a rate to be paid to us and he can sell of his own price.so there is no need to pay salary for him .Even in IL i asked for our friends to contact me if they are interested.Vandana your idea to build a Network is really gives benefit and helps to get financial assistance.Thanks for your valuable idea.

ORGANICWAY likes this.