1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Onion Smell Not Going Away

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by Rojagarden, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Rojagarden

Rojagarden Platinum IL'ite

I’m not sure where to post this question. But posting here hoping someone may be able to help me.

So I made the bad decision to use small onions for puli kuzhambu. The small onions must be more than a month old. So I realized it was kind of squishy and smelled not so fresh when I started peeling them.But I went ahead and peeled them anyway, since they didn’t go bad. Maybe I peeled and cut around 30, but the smell was so strong I didn’t feel like using them and threw them away in trash.

Now Problem 1: I read this is sulfur smell. But is this strong smell bad for our health? More importantly worried about my kids health.

Problem 2: The whole house stinks. I tried placing coffee grounds, baking soda, vinegar in plates in that area. Still the smell is there.

Problem 3: I tried washing my hands with vinegar, salt, baking soda, soap, stainless steel spoon. But the smell is not going away and I can’t sleep.

Please help!!!

2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

I assume you are in a flat, and your trash inside the house. This kind of situation creates problem when trash is not put into plastic bag, and tightly closed, and tied shut when it is inside the house.

For immediate remedy to solve the smell problem,
    Use Dettol. Dilute in water, use a rag and wipe all the areas where onion was used, put away etc.. Open all the windows, and put some fans to exhaust the house.