1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

One Sacrifices ;others Enjoy

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jayasala42, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Mind boggling incisive fantastic all embracing!thanks. Regards.

2. Thyagarajan

3. Thyagarajan

4. Thyagarajan

It is nice to read a bit of entomology linked to sacrifice. Very apt and something fundamental requirement innate to evolution. . Regards.

5. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

Looking back at my own experience, I think it's better to juggle and balance family, children and career at the same time, instead of sacrificing one's career or dream altogether. I gave up mine and never regretted it until my children recently discovered that my childhood/college friends are vp, coo, director, etc. for multinational companies in Linkedin. They were so amazed but they don't know I had an outstanding record as a management trainee for a large international company at 23 years old, I could have that kind of position by now.

All in all, it's really important to keep everyone happy, including one's self. No point in sacrificing if it will affect us mentally... In 9 years, I'll be 44 and all my children will be in university. They asked me if I'll go for corporate again.. told them no way, not sure what i'll do really.. but i fancy working in film sets :tonguewink:

6. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Momsky,
    Thank you very much for the response.In 1964, when I was just 22, I had a really enviable job, topping the 50 candidates ( 49 men).I had to leave my career for the sake of family, to look after my husband's grandfather and my mother-in-law.I had no children then.I had to take up a relatively junior position to avoid transfer and keep it somewhat balancing. While my colleagues retired as EDs and Chief General managers ,I had to retire in a junior position.But I was able to do full justice to my family as well as official duties.
    As you rightly said, there is some balancing force.If we don't do it, it is automatically done.Either we can be totally committed to office work or do some justification by sacrificing the job status.We can't have the cake and eat it too, unless we are politically
    influential to get posting in the same city for ever.

Jayasala 42

momsky and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

When JS-22 was convinced (forced?) to give up the opportunity to do the best she can in her career, it appears that she was the hostage to the situation.
    Would a 22 year old banker in the current India choose to be part-time nursemaid to old in-laws or would she outsource the function to hired-hands, and take care of her career ?

Here are some question that slosh up in my mind, and JS42 can totally ignore these.
    1. How did Mr. JS42 do in his career ? Did the total family income compensate for the loss of a meaningful career and earnings of JS22 ?
    2. How did Mr. JS42 compensate the Mrs for a lifelong angst ?
    3. Do jobs with less responsibility offer more mental peace, albeit lower salaries, and retirement benefits ?

yellowmango and Thyagarajan like this.
  8. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Quite an interesting post, Madam. Actually the very word "gratitude" seems not to be understood by many these days. And those who claim to have sacrificed everything, do not admit that it was their choice at that point of time. Seems they want to get some things for themselves at a much latter stage and when they neither have the wealth nor health, they wallow in self pity, and start complaining more and more.

You would have surely read about Yudhishtra's interpretation of the dream of one of his subjects where the person says that one well overflows and fills 7 other small wells, but all the 7 could not give enough to the well that fed them water.

Life seems to be a pretty short journey and the young and fit days are a one-time roller-coaster ride. The best thing to do is to live for ourselves and do what is important and right at all times. It is easier said though. :) -rgs

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Thyagarajan

:hello:having been used to sharing and spending quality time in their formative years, you may prefer to continue to share time with family. but they have all grown up going to go their ways during wakeful hours, wisdom would therefore dictate to utilize your corporate expertise and same time add to the kitty which would turn into icing over the cake! With my blessings and God's too. regards. Thanks.

momsky likes this.
  10. Thyagarajan

:hello:Quite a situation especially for a lady just married. But in ultimate analysis, one would find the decision to accept a lower or junior post had kept you with a golden mind in robust body! The situation is different. life has become very costly. Maintaining a home and family with numerous ever increasing wants need more finance and balancing career and home is the only option for young couple. Thanks and Regards. God Bless us all.

momsky and sindmani like this.