One of the deepest verses of Gita is Bhagavad Gita verse 2.16

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Re: One of the deepest verses of Gita is 2.16

Dear Madhu,
    I think you have missed out a few Gita posts, when you had come on holiday to India.
    Please read all of them in order to understand better.
    Take your time.
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. BharathiRajesh

BharathiRajesh New IL'ite

Dear Chitra mam,

The explanations about Gita – Satchitananda is very excellent mam.
    Regards,

Bharathi.R

3. chithradhamo

chithradhamo New IL'ite

Hi Chitra as i am vedantha student i am happy to see your explanation on the important verses of Gita. Gita guides us . It gives us courage and confidence. Nice work keep it up.

4. ramkalyang

ramkalyang Senior IL'ite

Excellent Post. Thanks

5. GitaFollower

GitaFollower New IL'ite

Re: One of the deepest verses of Gita is 2.16

Even though Goal is impossible.Actually it is possible.The dust on the head was removed when started reading GITA.

The gain of immortality is one's birth right.

One can achieve it by rigorous practice of Yoga and Food restrictions.

Becoming master of the sense organs is not an easy thing but through the practice of virag , one can achieve the mastery on sense organs.

The practice of being a detached observer breaks the attachment to this material world . Its a very long journey but one birth is enough to reach the goal.

According to GITA , one of thousands will try for Knowledge of Soul, among those who tried only one was able to know Supreme souil as it is.This is something we need to go into deeper.It seems many will attain immortality those who try for Moksha , but only one will attain the Supreme and he will be the Beautiful , ruler of the world and Takes part in the judgement on the day of destruction.

6. bassicinstinct

bassicinstinct New IL'ite

So I am Sat (that which is the clay material) and everything else comes into the shape I desire (a pot) but the movement in the world outside my eyes is supposed to go through its normal cycle, the only participation in which, are my actions.

How should the self sustain itself when there is a feeling of detached and distace from the continuous operation outside ?

Love is one answer.

is this person on the right track so far ? loved your piece on the deep verse

7. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

:welcome Sister Bassicinstinct to IL family,

Glad you enjoyed Mrs.C's thread, keep coming and enjoy more,

Thanks for refreshing the thread, because of which I got to read it which I had missed earlier, SAIRAM

8. harih

harih Silver IL'ite

These messages of Smt Chitra͵ explaining the Gita thought in simple words͵ are such a treasure. I am not sure if Madam Chitra is still active in the group. Around 2008 - 2009 Period when she had shared many slokas in various threads in this group I used to eagerly copy them and include in my regular prayers. My humble pranams before her.