1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

One day trip

Discussion in 'Indians in New Jersey' started by Nitha J, May 22, 2009.

1. chaaral

chaaral Silver IL'ite

Nitha, i heard sometimes animals come near our car, can scratch the car etc etc. sometimes they dont come out at all and we wont be able to see many animals. is that so.
    what time did u go and were you able to see many animals?
    how long did it take you to finish the whole safari?
    did u go to six flags too or only safari? is it separate tickets for safari?

2. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Chaaral,
    I have the same q's too. Whatever you asked is what am also interested to know. Let's wait for NItha's reply may be..

We're just interested to go for wild safari ride and not really to six flags(because my son is still 3 and we're plannign to go for any ride only when he turns 4)..

3. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Charaal; Anitha;

You can take tickets separately for safari; we did that. You can pay it in the entrance (which resembles the "toll booth") where you don't have to get down from car to pay.

You can take food for the kids . No restrictions (other than not to feed the animals; and not to open the windows)

Animals; like giraffe/Ostrich/Bears etc comes close to car. Elephants Lions etc is fenced in.

We reached around 11'sh and took around 21/2-3 hours to finish it. Yes; we could see all the animals. You can combine the trip with the jackson Outlet mall; just 10 minutes away (which is what we did).

Attaching a snap; view from our car :) and I didn't feel it is dangerous at any time. As long as you do not give food; or put your hands out;)

Attached Files:

4. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

PS: From next season they are not allowing the private cars inside. You have to park the car outside and go in their bus. That is one reason; we went before this season end (by end of september); since I have "two-well mannered" kids; I didn't want to take a chance inside the bus :))

Nitha

5. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Attaching a couple of snaps from Bushkill falls.. PS: It is not stroller friendly trail..

The second snap is the scenic drive in 206.
    IMG_7926.jpg

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  6. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Wow...nice shoots...Nitha by the way did you cover 2 temples too:))

7. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

No Usha. By the time we did the trail; we were all "dirty" "sweaty" etc. so didn't go to temple.
    We are planning to go to temples first nxt time; before taking the trail.

8. chaaral

chaaral Silver IL'ite

Nitha thanks for the info, sorry replying you very very late.

has anyone gone to northlandz train musuem in flemington NJ? it is indoor large train musuem itseems. it is more than an hr drive for me, but wanted to ask here before we go.