1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

One day @ Colombus Ohio? Any places to visit..

Discussion in 'Indians in Columbus' started by Nitha J, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Friends;
    We are travelling to colombus ; Ohio for a day or two. Do let me know a couple of attractions/must see places near Columbus downtown.
    Thanks
    Nitha

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Nitha,

not sure of Columbus but Google did give me a link Things to do in Columbus: Check out 65 Columbus Attractions - TripAdvisor so there :) But I came here to tell you that if you have some time, you should check out the Airforce museum in Dayton. I am not sure how far but I am guessing an hour! The way I see it, I am not sure when you will come to these places for sight seeing purposes and Dayton museum is really unique and you can spend the whole day there! It is not your conventional educational museum but has a lot planes including presidential ones!

I hope some columbus ladies will give you other ideas around that place!

3. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

That sounds interesting. I will look into it. Thanks a lot..

I will be in colombus for one and half days. Had zero-ed in on German Village.Not sure whether it is worth a days trip ; also not sure how cold it will be in another 10 days.
    -Nitha

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Coming from NJ, it should not be too cold for you. During this time, it should be in 40s :) I have no clue about the German village but here is the website for the Air force museum National Museum of the USAF - Home I have visited it some 10 times and am not yet bored :)

5. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Yes; I can understand how it cannot bore you :))-
    I just checked the site. That is truly interesting .. I was browsing through the World war 2 and Early years gallery... I am already hooked. I hope I can visit the museum . With COSI and these museum; Ohio is more interesting than I perceived.

1 person likes this.