One Bedroom Temp Apartment in Bur Dubai

Discussion in 'Housing in Dubai' started by Shanthiara, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Shanthiara

Shanthiara New IL'ite

Hi ,

We are moving to Bubai in Jan 2010 and plan to take up a 2 Fully Furnished Bedroom Apt in Bur Dubai.

Depending on availability we may have to Temporarily stay at a Studio /one bed hotel apt. Any recommensations in Bur Dubai.
    1. What will be approx monthly rent.
    2. Will basic cooking be allowed.

Regards

Shanthi

2. Anitha27

Anitha27 Bronze IL'ite

Hi shanti,
    r u there online?

3. Anitha27

Anitha27 Bronze IL'ite

Hi shanti,

here finding houses is not a big deal . the only thing u need to see is where u want to stay and ur budget. so depending on ur house budget u can have various options rite from unfurnished, fully furnished/semi and as u told studios and all.
    so if u can b more specific then i can give more info on this.

Anitha.

4. Shanthiara

Shanthiara New IL'ite

Hi Anitha,

We would be ideally looking for a 2 bedroom fully furnished Apt with car parking with facilities like Gym etc ( Not necessarily swimming Pool ).

we are looking near Bur Juman mall od golden sands area. We want a good queit locality . Idealyy if it near to our sons school which we are yet to select it will be great.We were given to understand the rent may range from 6-7k dirhams per month.

My husband will be coming first in Dec to fix accomodation and we will move in Jan.

Would appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks

5. Anitha27

Anitha27 Bronze IL'ite

Hi shanti, with that u will definitely get fully furnished flat in burdubai. In my apartment also few flats r left vacant.and as u said there r many in and around golden sands area also. Here the cost is ranging between 55K to 80k for fully furnished flats for 1Br and 2BR.

Anitha.

6. Shanthiara

Shanthiara New IL'ite

Hi Anita,

Thanks as always.

Where do u live. what are the facilities in the abuilding ?
    Is it a quiet area or is it in a busy area ( Sorry far asking ).

The flats in your building is it directly from Owner or through brokers ? How do take rents , monthly or qtrly.

Regards

7. Anitha27

Anitha27 Bronze IL'ite

Hi shanti,

first u have to see where ur husband office would b?
    v stay near the bank street its very near to it walkable distance to metro, supermarkets and burjuman mall. all at 5min walkable distance even if u take in golden sands area also more or less the same thing.
    I think u have more options in golden sands area. just chk. here almost all the apartments have gyms, swimming pool, some have play area as well. since ur hubby is coming first let him have a look at this area first and then he will have an idea.
    some apartments r giving for short term and long term.ours is a 1 yr contract, though it is directly from the owner all the documentation and all.the owner had appointed a mediator in between so vl have to pay him also the brokerage fee.

Anitha.

8. Shanthiara

Shanthiara New IL'ite

Thanks Anitha,

Now I have a fair idea about Housing and schools .

I wanted to check on what we need to bring to Dubai from Bangalore.

What would you recommend that we bring from here in cooking essentails and kitchen utensils..

Do we get good pressure cookers , Table top wet Grinders ( For idli ) . Coconut scrapper etc.....

9. Anitha27

Anitha27 Bronze IL'ite

hi shanti,
    it is better if u can get the major utensils like cooker, mixer and all here v dont get all the brands and only few shops v have for these apart frm that v get all the grocery,( indian grocery) and kitchen utensils and all but u bring the very essential things so that u can start off immediately then slowly u can buy watever u want.

and one more thing get the dish tv receiver if u want to watch indian channels but this depends on the apartment u r choosing so once ur husband finalises the apartment then u vl get to know whether u have the dish connection or not.

so thats all for now if i get anything in my mind vl def post u

bye tc

Anitha.

10. Anitha27

Anitha27 Bronze IL'ite

Hi shanti, if u r using cargo for transporting all the things , then its better u get your own things rather than buying again here, if not then get only the very essential things then u can manage most of the things here.

for ex: for coconut in the supermarkets they give the fresh grated one its cheap also.they scrap in front of us , so v can get the fresh one.
    if not anyways people vl always going to india so v can get the things v r missing here.

Anitha.