1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

One After The Other, My H's Relatives Are Disconnecting With Us...

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by SGBV, Jun 4, 2018.

1. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

You should have talked to your mil about your doubts on nippa virus. By doing that you could have made her also aware of the dangers if at all she was ignorant about it.

You are doubting them a lot. Whatever they had done to you in the past, you should ignore it. You could have taken the chapatis n kept in fridge yourself n then eat or throw it whatever you had wish to do about it. The way their son responded to them was very much insulting.

How can you expect chocolates after all these. Its wrong on your part to expect chocolates after they being hurt over the chapati and pomegranates.

SCA, shravs3 and SunPa like this.
  2. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Are you a MIL? Or a SIL character who fuels the MIL to behave nasty?
    The way you see things and take sides makes me doubt like this. If not, I see a one sided MIL on the make.

Did I tell you that MIL wasn't aware of the nippa virus? Did I tell you that we didn't make any attempt to make her aware on this? Did i tell you that we were not clear about our hygienic standards with PILs family before?
    When everything was clear, then I believe my doubts are valid.
    I don't jump to conclusion before giving second and third chances to the people. But there is a limit to everything.
    I am seriously doubting them a lot now. I can't believe them anymore.

How can I ignore their past and the intention when they have not taken any attempt to change or at least to accept their mistake?
    And why should I ignore them?
    Do you want me and my family to fall prey to them one more time?
    Sorry, I am not here to do that again.

In fact, We felt insulted by them on the chapati matter.
    I, the wife and the mother of my little family is very much alive to cook and serve my family members. I have been doing that since marriage.
    I don't want to allow anyone to take authority to cook and feed my H on a daily basis when I am there.
    If it was just a casual food sharing, then that's a diff story. But cooking for my H on a daily basis, and forcing him to eat what they cook, and cursing him for not eating their food is very irritating.
    At least they should have stopped when they learned the fact that we are not very happy about it. We have directly and indirectly told this to them diplomatically.
    But they needed a harsh statement from their son to maintain their lines, which was perhaps insulting to them. But they asked for it.
    Why can't you see this?????

I did not expect chocolates from PILs, but I was wondering why can't they share the chocolates which were readily available in their fridge, but they make sincere effort in peeling fruits, and cooking chapatis....
    And more importantly, why do they open the chocolates, and then bring them to our home???
    I already have a doubt about them mixing certain whichcraft on us, it can even be a slow poison - who knows.
    That's why I am trying my best to protect my family from them.

shravs3 likes this.
  3. DXBDesi

DXBDesi Silver IL'ite

I am sorry. but if you read these lines when you are calmer or after a few years when your kid will be older, you will see how unrealistic this sounds.
    A mother who has fed her son till he became adult is wrong to cook on a daily basis?
    And wrong to get angry when he turns the food down?

Yes, she may be manipulative and cunning, as some MIL's, and it is of course just trying to show authority by cooking for ur DH, now if she tries to force your kids to eat what she cooks that may be different, but if she wants her son to eat what she cooked, then his response to feed to dogs is equally insulting.

SCA, sheztheone and sumalynux like this.
  4. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

I am not like a sil character to fuel mils ears nor an one sided mil in the making.

It's just seeing the problems in a different light.

Seriously has anything bad happened to your kids after eating food prepared by mil. Looks like your mil loves to cook n feed. Why not tell her to cook something for your whole family n enjoy a break from cooking one time. If I were in your place I would have thanked her a lot if she prepared chapatis or cut fruits for my family. Be more practical and don't fall prey to thoughts like black magic n evil eyes. Nothing will happen to you even if they were to bury an egg or coconut to bring disharmony in your house.

Looks like they have no one to shower their love n affection on. Is all the friction caused due to staying so close to each other.

SCA and sumalynux like this.
  5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Hello... I humbly request you to refer to my other posts prior to judge me here.
    I can't always link my older posts to the newest threads, nor I can write our ten year old issues in one page to justify myself while seeking advises from you strangers on-line for my current problem.
    Since I am one of the active member here, giving advises and suggestions to those who need it in this forum, I urge you to see the problem beyond what is written here. That helps to have some perspective.

I don't have to become old to understand this. I have my own mom, my aunts and others who live separately from their kids and maintain a very beautiful balance. No one cooks for their kids and force feed them on a daily basis after their marriage. That too after they have been moved out of the house and established their own home for a decade.

What nonsense is this to support this kind of mentality, that too in a public forum like this?
    Would you be OK to allow your MIL {from another house} to cook and feed your husband on a daily basis, while you have absolutely no chance to cook or feed or at least eat together with him after marriage. That too despite of living separately and doing so much to construct a happy home/family?????
    And hear comments from neighbors like "Poor MIL, she had to cook for her married son though he's living separately.. His workaholic wife doesn't care for him or his heath..."

6. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

What do you mean? Are you seriously missing my post here, or intentionally backing up your original post?

I don't think that you deserve an explanation here. Better you re-visit my older posts and get yourself updated prior to judge me here. There are answers to all your questions.

I have not quoted anything about BM in this thread, yet you talk about this. But I have discussed a lot about my issues with PILs, including how she interfered into our health and hygienic practices and how that affected my kids' health, resulting imbalance in my work/family equation.
    Did you purposely ignore that part of my post to highlight something here?
    Come on... Do you think that i am that much immature to imagine BM and stuff or keep enmity and hence overacting to this food matter?
    Don't you honestly see anything beyond this.... If so, I urge you to stop responding and wasting mine and your valuable time here.

FYI, I am very much matured to overlook MIL's unhygienic old school nature, and our old problems if she is ready to change. I am open to resume our relationship if she is also open and willing to do the same.
    However, I am not so naive to fall prey to her drama. I don't believe in BM... Even if there is something, I am sure that I am well protected.
    I am faithful in God, and I am seeking God's remedy religiously though.
    But I don't want to interact with someone who has bad intentions. I don't want to risk my family {health wise} for someone who doesn't deserve our love.
    I am very much grown matured to understand my MIL's bad intentions behind her fake love in this Chapati matter.
    Eg: Forcing chapatis daily, even though some days we don't need them. Cursing H for saying NO to her chapatis on special days like birthday as we want to eat out.
    Eg: Peeling fruits or cutting them instead of giving kids the whole fruit, because... then only she can peel/cut the damaged part. My kids get the fruits which are half-eaten by the birds, as she proudly shares the better quality ones with her friends...
    That's why, despite of our humble and harsh request, she refused to share the whole fruits...

I am here with a decade long experience with this woman. So, I trust my instinct when it warns something.
    So, when you respond, please do analyze these matters. Else, you would be wasting everyone's time here

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  7. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

How many times will she cook for the married son? Everyday? What about the wife’s frustration for not being allowed to cook for her husband?
    What is the whole idea of asking him to eat rotis when he wants to eat something else?
    Why cant a mother let a grown up man be a man.. why treat a dad like a baby? Agree, for a mother her child is always a baby.. but she cant expect that baby to continue being a baby right??

I don't know if you have ever had a scenario where you are never allowed to cook for your husband. I lived in a set up where I craved to cook for my husband and after many years I was finally allowed to make tea. Never ever allowed to make any dish for my husband.
    Don't you think it is relationship rules that you give space before you ask for space?
    Even today when my MIL.is around we DILs are not allowed to cook. She is the mum and she feeds her sons. I understand your point but as a wife when the MIL can cook and look after her H, then so should the DIL be allowed to do.
    In laws must learn to let go and accept that their baby boy is a man who can choose what he wants to eat.
    Special occasion is a different story. Doing this every day and not letting him eat his wife's cooking is bu!!s#!t

sindmani and SGBV like this.
  8. Joyoflife

Joyoflife Gold IL'ite

Hello sgbv considering what you have been through you can easily handle this one too. If I were you I wouldn't really care about the friends which are turning their back. Because I believe the people who deserve to stay in our life or people who understand us never leave because of any pity reasons. Regarding your MIL long time back I had written you not sure if you remember, you shouldn't have let your guards down. People like your in-laws never change. They only change their face temporarily but deep inside they remain the same. If I were you I would try to casually ask Co sis and the other good friend you have mentioned inthis or the other post that what happened why turning cold all of sudden? I like to go about any issue straight rather then just wondering about what happened. Your mother in law doesn't deserve any 2nd or 3rd chance. I would be very careful while bing around such a person.

sindmani, SGBV and shravs3 like this.
  9. Joyoflife

Joyoflife Gold IL'ite

Read her previous posts and you will know what kind of hell op has been through because of her in laws.

sindmani, SGBV and sbonigala like this.
  10. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot guys for being my support.
    I have a lot of updates to tell you guys, but I am really busy now a days to visit here often.

Don't worry that I am in a much better place now to fight or ignore these people, as my H is on my side and we as a family face them courageously on everything. This helps a lot and hence we don't even see their dramas and efforts as problems at all.
    For now, they are our biggest entertainment