1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Once Upon A Time There Was King And Queen

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Vedhavalli, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Once upon a time there was a King & Queen!
    In the land of rajputs there was a King Achutha Pratap Singh who ruled ArjanGargh. He ingulged in arts, warfare and crafts, never thought about marrying or pursuing love interests. King Achutha Pratap had maternal cousin RajveerSingh ruling neighboring kingdom, whom he adored much and declared him as heir.
    Few years later King AchuthaPratap died in battlefield.

Now new King Rajveer Singh coronation was held in Grand pomp and show. King RajveerSingh and Queen MadhuShri were excited rule two kingdoms.
    Queen MadhuShri was dreaming to move to ArjanGargh palace, which had palatial gardens, variety of fruit bearing trees and blooming flowers gardens with a evergreen creek.
    The late king AchuthaPratapSingh mostly lived in battlefield or touring the kingdom, building Temples. He maintained the palace in memory of his mother and father who were mysteriously dead in their locked royal bedroom.
    Queen MadhuShri had a great taste of decor and colors like most rajput princesses.
    She decorated the entire palace with her own hands and her maids. The maids were war slaves or entiled slaves for generations who were devoted to the queen.
    The Queen MadhuShri went to check the other half of the palace crossing the blue creek with a ivory and sandlewood bridge craved with celestial apsaras.
    This part of the palace had servant , slave quarters, horse stable, elephant stable, servant and slaves kitchen.
    The southern part of the long corridor at the end of the palace was not well lit had cobwebs, broken furnitures, palaquins, horse carriages and other stuffs.
    Queen MadhuShri wanted to clear stuff make it as a art workshop of ladies of the palace. Behind a pillar she found a cute 9 year old little girl and a old woman in 60s.
    She asked who are they ?
    Old lady replied they were slaves of yesteryear queen Lakshmi Devi. Since her death they are living here.
    Kind hearted Queen MadhuShri let them be her maids. She developed fondness for the girl who had big Kohl lit eyes, long hair and charming smile.
    Few months into Queen MadhuShri thought the girl is too good to be slave maid. Deserved better things... She started to treat her well, gave the girl silk dresses, gold ornaments.
    Queen let her in her own room of the palace the royal bedroom.

One day the old lady was telling story to the little girl, and little girl was giggling.
    Queen wanted to know why she was laughing asked share the story. Little girl replied will the story in eloborate mode at night.
    Night came in, queen MadhuShri was waiting for the little girl she dint turn up.
    Queen and king Rajveer retired to bed, with single latern to lit the spacious 4000 sq ft room .
    Queen MadhuShri saw a shadow next to king , baffled MadhuShri jumped and to the surprise saw Little girl. Queen asked how she came in locked room?
    Little girl replied she could come, Queen thought maybe she sneaked in. But then she saw Little girl's hand had a big sword which was sparkiling in the latern light.

Alerted Queen woke the King Rajveer, without uttering a word pointed to girl.
    King couldn't see anyone there, he kept asking "who's there, I can't see anyone"

Just then, he saw the huge sword dangling near his head and little girl on air, his heart was in his mouth. Little girl's eyes turned red and her body turned blue.
    Both Queen and King thought to run for thier lives but they couldn't make thier feet move a inch.
    They were stabbed to death by the little girl. While dying the queen told little girl, "why? I treated you as my daughter".

Little girl said, "I'm princess Chandrika, the right full heir of ArjanGargh ,90 years ago my parents favored my brother the crown prince who couldn't do horse riding, or sword fighting, he didn't have single quality to become a King. But he was favored and made as king, soon my parents left to Himalayas and starved to heavenly Adobe. My brother became a cruel ruler , levied heavy taxes, made allies with Mughals, ill treated women folk, there was no progress in the kingdom.
    He married a princess from far away kingdom, spent tonnes of gold and silver where country men didn't have single meal....she sobbed for a while and continued.
    I asked my brother why he is being cruel and not a good ruler?
    He ordered to kill her and her caretaker lady, both were killed on same day.
    That night the caretaker ghost told the little girl's ghost a story , soon they haunted the king and queen and were killed. They continued this trend till king AchuthaPratapSingh , who was a able ruler.
    Now you and your husband because you want a son over your your 3 daughters, you don't think they can also be greater rulers. The throne doesn't mind which gender sits on them. The kingdom needs a noble visionary leader and being male is not the only qualification."

You guys wonder what was the story the old lady said????
    "Once upon a time there was King and queen, they were dead end of the story"
    (Ek that raja ek this Rani, dhono Margate katham Kahani)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    sumalynux, shravs3, Adharv and 4 others like this.

2. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

This is my first story in horror plot.
    I wrote the story based on the theme - indians favoring male child even after 5000 yrs of Indus valley civilization and in thid era of space invasion, modern technology....
    "To treat women as lesser children of God is to blink at the constitution itself"
    - cheif justice of India.

shravs3, Adharv, Amica and 3 others like this.
  3. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

wow fantastic narration and appreciate your efforts in spreading the message, ma'am :clap2::clap2: :worship2:
    very much true. I pity the queen :facepalm:
    :fearscream::fearscream: got scared :lol: but was the punishment fair :frown::frown::confundio1:

Thank you and keep writing. :thumbup:

4. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

OMG...good plot..nice story..I second @Adharv 's point..is that judgement fair ??

Thanks for your snippet!

5. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame