1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Once Abuser, Always Abuser. Is It Always, True ?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by silentlistener, Jun 14, 2018.

1. silentlistener

silentlistener Silver IL'ite

Okay.

2. Maddy2087

Maddy2087 Platinum IL'ite

I believe it is not about ascertaining the fact time and again that "once an abuser always an abuser" but it is actually about knowing and appreciating one's self-worth. If your husband takes the liberty to abuse you then you must very well be cautioned that he weighs you less and trivial. Moreover, you can never take the flimsy chance of forgiving an abuser considering a remote possibility of change, because, the monster in him may appear anytime to your surprise. An offence once committed stands committed as it cannot be justified with any superficial human emotions, similarly, an intention once exhibited remains exhibited no matter how long you try to brush the same with positivity. The wise always accept the truth as it appears whereas, the fools paint a galore of excuses on the truth which leads them to failure.

Choose wisely, live well!

GeetaKashyap and silentlistener like this.
  3. ILUser07

ILUser07 Silver IL'ite

Once Abuser, Always Abuser - unless he learns a life lesson.
    I am dealing with a nice husband who occasionally turns abuser like once or twice a month. Problem is he doesn't realize he is abusing. He just thinks he is reacting because of my action. That's the way he was bought up and there is no hope left that he changes. I myself didn't know that it is abuse and tolerating it is also a crime. I am holding on to this relation because of my kids though I started retaliating. Only time can answer how long I will continue this battle.

GeetaKashyap and silentlistener like this.
  4. DavenaRosalie

DavenaRosalie Silver IL'ite

Some will change but others will not

5. Mishkaa

Mishkaa Senior IL'ite

They dont change. It's their personality

6. silentlistener

Do you mean emotional abuse ? that is what both the perpetrator and the victim find very difficult to acknowledge and accept as abuse.

7. silentlistener

Probably it is this context against which the Indian origin American woman has spoken in the video referred to, in my first post of the thread