1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

On the path to seperation and divorce

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by peach, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Riyakathir

Riyakathir Platinum IL'ite

dear

its very easy to say...u don worry..... but.....pain is always pain..... which cannot be shared...

but... here i have to say.... don worry..... nothing is with out good of something...
    so don loose ur confidence....

2. peach

peach New IL'ite

FL,

I pleaded not to talk this step couple of times. I offered to take slow with his mom as am not on talking terms with her. Once the relationship builds we can think about long term plans. Money, I am not even working now. I told him once am working will talk about it then.

He wants all or nothing. Even then he wants seperation so he has his space for a while to reflect on his life and look at what mistakes he is doing.

3. peach

peach New IL'ite

Thanks Riya

4. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Hi Peach just think about what you are going to lose, if its worth enough declare impromptu truce , wave a white flag. Break the stalemate , say that we will take care of everything together,his mom family etc.
    You have said that your H is cornered by his family and by you here. You understand his position so well , why not make it easy for him.
    Imagine yourself in his position, between mom and wife , we are not talking about who is right or wrong just him.
    If he is adamant then maybe his mom wants this separation and is least bothered about breaking his marriage . Does your H have other siblings who can take care of mom by rotation ?

But why let him decide your fate ? He wants separation, to think about his life , sort of a trial divorce. Tomorrow he may walk back in or go for divorce.
    Could there be some other problem , have you missed something ??
    What do you want at the end of the day ?

5. peach

peach New IL'ite

FL,

His mom is a control freak, dominant and very interfering. She has a problem even if we sleep togather or go on vacation. Moreover it just doesn't end here. If she visits many of his relatives will be visiting her. I will have to cook n clean and take their taunts. They always complain about me to his and will be earful no matter what I do or how nice i be to them. Its just too much with a little baby around. I just want him to understand my situation n not put so much pressure on me.

I def understand his position n its not easy to be in his shoes. I don't mind his mom as long as she maintains her distance n not interfere. If am exhausted with household work anf i get a helping hand from him don't mind entertaining.

I tried to approach him n explain things from my end. but he is not willing to listen or co-operate. I guess his mom n relatives brainwashed him n its goes to take time for him to think sensible. I dont want him to decide my life. but at the same time I don't want to shut the door completely,. I want to wait n see for few weeks untill he cools down. If he is willing to meet mid-way I will get back. Otherwise am ok with whatever happens.

I am preparing for the worst n hoping for the best.

Lets see whats in store for me.

6. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Fine Peach , wait for sometime for his next move.
    One thing that strikes me is why go thru a trial separation thru a lawyer ? Both of you could have done it mutually too like being posted in different cities and living away from each other.
    It appears that he is doing it to appease his mom though his heart is not in it. His control freak mom is wrecking his marriage and he is trying to save it . This way he can say that he is living separately and talking to a lawyer to make her happy. Thats why no talk of divorce.
    Its a bad timing for you as you are in a vulnerable position with an infant to take care and no job.
    He could have waited for another year and then walked out.
    But this tough period will also pass .
    Take care !

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  7. Ushie

Ushie Senior IL'ite

Hi Peach,
    A big hug for you from a friend. I was in your situation and I can understand the pain. Pls dont make the mistakes I did, I was emotionally very down and alone with my dd and I agreed for all the conditions given through my dh's lawyer because I want to somehow end the situation. Even though my H's anger and abuse is root cause of our seperation he didnt talk about anything regarding that instead he gave a list such as I should be good hm etc and whatever he agreed though my lawyer he didnt fulfill even one. Please listen to your intuition, as we women have strong intuition and take decision. Have your mom or someone close to you with you for emotional support and stay strong. I will pray for you:)

8. kuttimma

kuttimma Bronze IL'ite

Hi peach,
    How are you doing. R u alright.

9. peach

peach New IL'ite

Thanks all for the support during the roughest times ever. I went throug counseling as well to help me get through th situation.

H and me are trying to reconcile and get back togather ater 4 months of legal seperation for baby's sake.

H agreed to help around the house n his mom not inteterfering, H said give it a try n see.

I agreed to share the expenses when I work.

However ,, we always lacked intimacy in our relationship and we hardly had sex for the last 5yrs. I can count how many times we had it. I confronted him about it. He said he has erectile dysfunction. I am shocked and I don't how to react to it. He always used to tell me because of our fights he is unable to have ssex. He is used to say sex is not only physical but emotional. Finally he comes out clean and tells me he has erectile dysfunction.

I don't know hot to react to this. Am kind of lost

10. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Peach

Atleast now he came out in the open and told you the truth. Appreciate him for that , see no man would like to accept such things that too when it comes related to his performance and sex life. its like a big time EGO thing for them...so think how he had made effort in this direction to atleast open up infront of you that too at this stage when you both may/may not live together.

Empathize with him and ask him what are his plans to address the issue and whther he wants to go for any treatment or therapy? what does he think about handling it so that both of you can live happily.

Discuss the solutions for the problem at hand..dont make the problem at hand bigger by looking at the problem itself. you need a solution...but if you keep looking at the problem and blamme him for the past..he would further distance himself...and will be convinced that you cannot accept any shortcomings.