On The Ning Nang Nong

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Iravati, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Cartoons capture the mood of consumerism and 'cambridge analytica' more than any news reportage. Oldie from 2012 but worth to recount in today's havoc of privacy concern.

upload_2018-6-8_17-33-33.png

2. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

English Attention: All sizzle and no steak

News reader with a pall expression: Well, Trump's idea for an American hamburger joint in North Korea has not appeased the Korean potentate. It was all sizzle with no steak.

Pun in even dour forecast.

3. Endlesshope

Endlesshope Platinum IL'ite

Moralists seem to be on the rise and are always getting rubbed the wrong way .
    Aren’t philosophical puzzles the best .
    Ship of Theseus :

Infinity Hotel:

Looked up Dark just now , started Broadchurch recently but switching over to this shouldn’t be hard - time traveling stranger thingsy always wins over seemingly calmer manipulative Dorset .

4. Endlesshope

Some spooky story or may be some settings on the phone haven’t figured it out yet .
    So a few weeks ago a buddy showed me pictures of the pups he was going to adopt . I mushed and gushed over how adorbs they were and the next thing I know my instagram is filled with videos and pictures of cutest lil vanilla ball puppies . Happened twice now .

5. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Ship of Theseus is puzzling and playful. Our identities fail on first or the essential or the last plank replacement?
    I say: everything is fluid that "identity" is an imaginary construct that we foolishly hold onto.

My mom recounts, I was this (shy!) and that (skinny!) and there (seafood biryani) while growing up. I used to hate this veggie and jump there and watched that television series (pig nursery, remember we discussed). Apart from that riveting pig nursery, I don't recall any other memories. Am I the same person who my mom thinks I am?

Hopey Dopey! You sound like my pen pal from childhood. Are you? Did you ever have pen pals? Did you have long hair? Did you ever send me a picture in a brown skirt (school uniform)?

Dark resembles the entangled world plot of Stranger Things. Just that what is entangled differs. Black Mirror, Dark, Stranger Things ... Netflix is spoiling me.

Agent Hope, nice to have met you here. Ek Kamakawiwoʻole's song on our dreamy bond.

Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high
    And the dreams that you dream of, once in a lullaby
    Somewhere over the rainbow, blue birds fly
    And the dreams that you dream of, dreams really do come true
    Someday I'll wish upon a star
    Wake up where the clouds are far behind me.
    Where trouble melts like lemon drops,
    High above the chimney top,
    That's where you'll find me.

..even if you are not my lost pen pal, still meet me over the rainbow to observe strange flying objects and dream up that teleporter.

6. Endlesshope

Brown skirt and long hair is definitely me , may be a copy of me from a parallel universe ( Aiyee!! How I love devicing these plots)

Watching for UFOs totally up my alley and add that voice on the man and some hot choclate - you have a new best buddy , Ira .
    Another voice that I have taken a deep liking to these days :

7. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Voice on a man! We are matched 100% now. Are you crazy kidding me? I talk to a man or a woman or a jungle caterpillar, my first unsolicited observation is on their voice. Your voice is <>. And I recount that often through my interactions. I am sensitive to acoustics. A certain voice begets a certain unreasonable admiration.

My big time voice throb was Derek O'Brien.

But, when I listened to his voice removed from the studio, I was confused. He didn't sound like that spirited and voice-beacon Derek anymore.

8. Endlesshope

“Voice throb” this bought a smile . I guess raghuvaran would be my “lanky throb “
    Okay now don’t ruin Derek for me , he doesn’t look the same charismatic him also.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  9. Endlesshope

@okonomi hope your travels going fine. Do post.

10. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Ruined more! Into politics now and was/is a Rajya Sabha member.

upload_2018-6-15_17-28-47.png