1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

On Fairness [not The Fair & Lovely Variety]

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sln, Dec 9, 2019.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

A nice snippet indeed. It is very difficult to be 'fair' and those who do it are made of different material. Sometimes we all do do it but not always.
    A couple saw a child begging for food. He told he has no parents and no one to hep him. The lady wanted to help him but her husband was rather reluctant as there was no way to find the truth about his story. The lady anyway handed over whatever cash she had. The boy thanked her and asked her name.
    Years later, the lady was widowed and unable to pat the EMIs, her house was facing foreclosure and eviction. This boy was a property dealer now. He came across the the foreclosure listing and the name struck. He purchased the property and handed over it to the lady. The lady thanked and asked why? He said just giving back, remember the poor boy you helped years back!!!!

ILoveTulips and sindmani like this.
  2. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viswa,
    A great example of how a good deed gets reciprocated.In todays world,in a mad rush to acquire wealth,material possessions,position and even fame,principles of fairness are trampled upon.End and not the means is the criterion. As for my health my mind is strong but is not matched by my anatomy.
    SLN

ILoveTulips, Viswamitra and sindmani like this.
  3. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for sharing a wonderful example.Every act of fairness adds to to the balance in the goodwill bank.SLN

4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

eh ? I thought the moral was for you to keep on being hale&hearty, so that you can collect on the returns from the 60 year old Sheaffer Transaction. That man should be a retired Admiral by now.

5. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear sln Sir,

A thorough and thoughtful analysis of the fair and lovely situation prevailing everywhere. The creator of the Universe himself is partial in his creation. While on one side we have the most privileged fair and lovely people on one side of the continent, enjoying a salubrious weather and the perks that come along with it, the other side is dark, extremely hot and humid, with dark skinned people reeling under severe drought, poverty and hunger. Do the rich nations pay even a cursory glance at these hapless people.

In India the number of men who would like to marry a dark complexioned girl is like the precious drinking water hardly available in Chennai. Why do you think all those Fair and lovely creams are vanishing from the grocery stores as fast as those Krishna sweets Mysorepa! Anyway a nice piece of writing from you.

Agatha83

iyerviji likes this.
  6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Dark skin is the boon given to the girls so that they don't get stuck in an awful marriage, make compromises to their own manner of earning a living, and depend on some idiot for the Roti,Kapda,Makhan scheme in their life.

All girls with any shade of skin should study well, (not buy any Sheaffer pens from sailors, just to be on topic in this thread), get on a good career path, and aspire to be the seductress of several healthy men when they grow up.

7. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Glad to see you after a long time . Congrats for the nomination. Awesome post with good examples. All the best for your good health

8. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji,
    Thanks for your message.I still recall your visit to our home and spending time me and Mythili after stubbornly facing the distance and Bangalore traffic.
    You have become a prolific writer after taking baby steps years ago.Congrats.The way ilites address you reveals an
    enviable fondness and regards.Congrats once again.
    SLN

iyerviji likes this.
  9. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

I missed your FB-sorry for the belated response. Shakeespeare said that it is beauty that makes the woman proud,,the virtue that makes them admired and modesty that makes them divine.Karrupputhan enakku pidicha kalaru song was a hit tamil film song.Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, as is often quoted. Boys are not getting girls for marriage nowadays.Time is fast approaching when boys have to hair on their head and use fair &lovely creams to create a make believe appearance.
    SLN

10. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

I always remember that day mama. Thanks to my husband's niece who brought us there.It was nice meeting both of u. Now my sister is staying in whitefield and my brother in electronic city. Thanks for your loving message.

My namaskaram to u. Yes IL is my second family with so many virtual daughters