1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

On Acknowledgement

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Rihana, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana,
    Thank you and Best wishes.
    This is so cute! I like it. :kissingheart:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    joylokhi, Thyagarajan, Rihana and 2 others like this.
  2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Rihana for the wonderful acknowledgement of my response.
    Jayasala 42

Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

I so love the way you think :)!! (nothing in contrast to your many fans here ;) )
    Ditto... just that these thoughts have all been in hibernation for a while to attend to the immediate daily cogent demands of life :pensive:
    ahh.... hmm.. so this explains why people tend to tide over acknowledgements and hold them for later , to avoid reverse arrows :smilingimp:!
    Then people ask about zero sum games !

BTw i didn't think it as dark, why would you say that?

Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Thanks. Your comment on mine did good to the bottom of my heart.
    Regards.
    God helps those reciprocate.

5. Thyagarajan

:hello:I agree. There are situations when commiserations are catastrophic.
    Regards.
    God guides when to do what & perhaps for how long.

Rihana likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

:hello: Thanks. We do remember every click might result in a brownie point.
    Regards.

Rihana and Mistt like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

:hello:I am glad there are few and far between to agree that there is dividend later if not immediately in quick acknowledgments.
    Regards always.
    God cherish every moment where courtesy exchanged between and credit them with dividends not annually but instantly.

Rihana likes this.
  8. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

If my friend Kamalji had been alive, he would have said 'A beautiful post as only you can write'
    I cannot 'acknowledge' this post better than him.
    This post reminds me of my college days. A friend of mine sent a love letter to a girl he adored. The girl sent a reply promptly the following day. The man opened the cover with trembling hands. Inside the cover was an acknowledgement reading 'Received your letter. I tore it and threw it in the WPB without even reading it!'

satchitananda and Rihana like this.
  9. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Rihana,

It is a wonderful post. Thank you very much. I have seen many times glee in the eyes of my boys when an acknowledgment is given. Many times, I myself craved for acknowledgments and that taught me to be more mindful to acknowledge others.
    A lovely read to face the day with a smile. Thank you, Rihana.

Vani

Rihana likes this.
  10. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Though the motif appears to be reductive, on acknowledgement, rather than the heavyweight cousins like "feedbacks" and "comments", you have analysed the root cause to its ground zero level. Perhaps, the incidental gestures matter more than the responsive attention. I want to know that I have been heard.

This "been heard" complements the voiced psyche without elevating it, as in retaliation, but we all (furtively) enjoy even the most uncharacteristic acknowledgement of our presence in someone else's life. The times I had watched an overbearing kid halt in their story-telling act to elicit a 'hmm' from the rapt street urchins. (Fools! It's time for the perfunctory 'hmm'). We squabble with our thrift men for that metronomic 'hmm' while narrating our day's events. (What is wrong with you? Utter a 'hmm' to my twaddle even if I am talking from the kitchen.)

The warmth from an acknowledgement is visceral.

It might take years of zen and lykke to be indifferent to this primitive gesture.

In the same token, while reading the book "Letters to Juliet", I sourced the real Juliet Club behind the inspired book from the associated articles on the net. A juliet secretary remarked that in their services they rarely write back remedies to the perplexities of life mailed by the careworn but only a compassionate nod that they have 'been heard'. I was amused why that 'been heard' from a downright and staged interlocutor responding to a Dear Juliet assuaged the troubled petitioner. The acknowledgement makes them feel less isolated in their tussled life. There is someone out there who may not reinforce or challenge your perspective of your life but still co-opt it into a heard perspective in that mutual exchange. It is not only personally gratifying to be heard but also communally asserting that the stories we tell ourselves don't rot in seclusion with us. Our cherished and sordid stories alike are now entwined and propagated in other’s story with that acknowledgement of us in their life.

Also, when someone has flown the coop enraged wanting solitude, please! no intrusion, which is easier to sustain behind closed doors, still they take off to supposedly even stiller places accordingly: seaside or country. The licking wave or the pelting leaf would offer no greater solitude to their noise-proofed bedroom unless the wronged are chasing symbolic acknowledgement of their idle presence through the inanimate but companionable intruders with a water splash or a fallen twig. (Hey! I have observed you)

We inwardly cherish every kind of ack' from the tangibles of juliet secretary to the imponderables of the meddling elements.

Usually, it is customary and polite to reserve a paragraph in the response for the Op's literary confetti to extol their language or admire their wordplay. But Rihana always expresses well, doesn't she, then what could I further glorify such consistency with ...so ....thereupon ...because of that customary ...in the spirit and thrift and hmm-less (sweetly goofy) men in the lives of (not op but other devilishly) rhyming-with-brew women...a nice post.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    Rihana likes this.